• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im back home now. We got ran out a day early due to a snow storm. It was only going to be 6 inch's, but there was THICK fog in the low country, so you would not have been able to see anything up high. We decided to cut our loss's and wait on next year. We had an absolute blast. I talk to the guys I hunted with every week, but its typically quick work question, quick answer, move on. Hanging out for a few days, in non rushed business setting, was the true trophy of the trip. We are already planning next year, with a little more knowledge of the area.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sounds like you have a solid plan for next year. There are no bad hunts, only bad attitudes, and it sounds like you guys did it right!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sounds like you have a solid plan for next year. There are no bad hunts, only bad attitudes, and it sounds like you guys did it right!

We defintally covered some country. I cant remember exact total's, but one of the guys figured it up,and in 3 days of hunting we put 38ish miles on our boot's. That's the bad thing about a short hunt like this, is you cant really E scout it, so it feels like the first 30 miles of walking is a scouting trip laying eyes on areas of the map you have marked as having potential (often times walking 8 miles to see that area looks different in person that on a screen) and the last 8 is a purposeful effort.

I will say this, this type of hunt really show's you (or at least showed me) what putting on the 70 pounds I have since starting a desk job does to you in real life. The last few miles of day one I was looking for a low limb to throw para cord over and end it all (I'm joking, but you get the picture). Day 2 and 3 I had gotten a bit stretched out, and accustom to the extra 3500-4k feet of elevation.

Top Bottom