• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Rolling Prairie
    I have a neck sizing die for 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin and wondered if it would work on a 7.5x54 MAS case. Although the MAS case is shorter than the SR it did work, almost. Maybe 10ish% of the neck, by the shoulder, did not get reformed. I am still new to reloading but if I remember right neck sizing was done just to hold the bullet in place during the seating step and to keep from reforming a fire formed case. I cant see that little bit of neck not being reformed being a problem but was seeing if anyone else has done something like this with good or bad results.

I have no intention of trying to reform the brass between the 2 rifles. Just going for case life and accuracy.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    You should be good to go if you plan to neck size using cases fired in your rifle. Size the neck by turning the die in until you "feel" it touch the case when your ram is at top then lower ram and then continue turning it in at small increments. As you lower your ram you will be able to see how much of the neck has been resized. Continue this process until satsified with the grip you want on your bullets. Just make sure you don't go beyond the neck area. Tighten your lock ring when you reach your prefered amount. That's how I neck size all my rifles using full length sizing dies. Trick is to use cartridges fired in your rifle. Have fun and be careful.

Top Bottom