• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    They're a little (or a lot) thick for some holster slots, but the Bull Belts at the 1500 are money. About 30 dollars.

The advantage Double D-ring belts have is they tighten however far you want them, ensuring a tight fit.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    Just ordered my Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch 1 3/4 inch Belt last week. It's not here yet, but it should be by tomorrow. I have heard nothing but good things, I ended up paying $52.90 but it is an extra $5.00 for the 5 stitch. and $7.95 for S&H.

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Personally I found that most belts just break down to quickly and do not give much support over time. I'm a bit of big guy myself (read: 6'3 and 290lbs) and my belts do get used, so I decided to drop the money on a belt that will last. I went with a Comp Tac Kydex Reinforced belt and have loved it ever since. The belt will support pretty much anything and has yet to wear down where the leather would droop and lose its support.

Two think pieces of leather sandwich a piece of kydex. They are expensive but I don't think I will ever buy from another unless they can be copy this form.

Gun Belts & Apparel - products new home - Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You can get by with department store belts for IWB due to your body & garment exerting friction on the holster to aid in keeping everything in place.

I am currently shopping for a good quality gun belt (or two) myself...I'm partial to Gun Belts by The Belt Man due to the myriad recommendations I've come across on several firearms-related message boards.

-J-

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Just ordered my Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch 1 3/4 inch Belt last week. It's not here yet, but it should be by tomorrow. I have heard nothing but good things, I ended up paying $52.90 but it is an extra $5.00 for the 5 stitch. and $7.95 for S&H.

I just bought two myself - one 5-stitch and one polymer filled. It will be interesting to see if there's much difference. Reviews coming soon!

Guy

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If black is okay and they make it in your size, it's tough to beat the Uncle Mike's instructor's belt. It's pretty much a clone of the 1.5-inch belt with the polymer stiffener by the Wilderness, but you can get it for $25 or less.

The Wilderness makes the Cadillac, though. I need a custom size and they'll do it for not much extra. Very durable (it can withstand . . . ME!), although I'd like it even stiffer, maybe with a thicker or inherently stiffer polymer reinforcement.

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    I have three wilderness instructor belts, and all are the combat shooter's model (CSM). The CSM is polymer lined, and has held up very well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom