• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'll say it again and elaborate... if you don't have an adjustable base, you are missing out and will suffer needlessly through cold season.

HUGE difference between flat bed and a 3 inch inclined chest and raised head, 18" when nose stuffed up will help prevent respiratory infections.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Why did you choose that one?

I didn't...

She wants it because the wave is supposed to be better for people with back issues. Since we both have herniated discs, she said she wanted that and the adjustable base. Hopefully, she'll be surprised and happy.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Gotta love the internet! Finish browsing this thread and go to Facebook and look what pops up...

nRMCtCk.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I didn't...

She wants it because the wave is supposed to be better for people with back issues. Since we both have herniated discs, she said she wanted that and the adjustable base. Hopefully, she'll be surprised and happy.

I read the samething about the wave. Buying a mattress online without laying on it first though....but that 100 night refund policy sounds tempting.

There’s a mattress store 25 minutes from me. I thought of checking out the Serta mattresses first.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've slept on the nectar mattress and slept well. Casper is ranked better so I shouldn't be disappointed.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have had a Sleep Number for years. Its pretty nice. Easily the best we have had. The next one will recline. They do tend to sleep "cool", since it is just a big air chamber. They also change pressure with atmospheric pressure. You need to reset everyone once in a blue moon.

No idea on some of these newer fancy ones. The "try before you buy" sounds like a decent idea, though. Hard to tell if you will like it (especially if it isn't adjustable) at the store.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I read the samething about the wave. Buying a mattress online without laying on it first though....but that 100 night refund policy sounds tempting.

There’s a mattress store 25 minutes from me. I thought of checking out the Serta mattresses first.

We had a Serta and we both hated it after 3 months. We both like pretty firm mattresses, that one started to sag and made both of our backs hurt. :twocents:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    We have had a Sleep Number for years. Its pretty nice. Easily the best we have had. The next one will recline. They do tend to sleep "cool", since it is just a big air chamber. They also change pressure with atmospheric pressure. You need to reset everyone once in a blue moon.

No idea on some of these newer fancy ones. The "try before you buy" sounds like a decent idea, though. Hard to tell if you will like it (especially if it isn't adjustable) at the store.

We love our Sleep Number, I wanted the reclining one, but husband didn't want to spend the $. We really should have, since he is prone to heartburn and also snores. Supposedly I snore, but I don't believe it. ;) We use an electric blanket in the winter. My daughter recently upgraded her Sleep Number to a new reclining one. They love it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Just my experienced opinion but the Serta mattresses and box springs I bought for my son and I 3 years ago. Did NOT make it out of warranty.
    I called Mattress Firm where I bought them and I got the "You bought the wrong mattresses" crap. Oh, I didn't feel like paying them to come out to look at the mattresses for warranty.
    Sleeping on Simmons medium firm now. Seem to be solid bedding.
    I had a buddy that bought memory foam and somehow it made him sick. He looked up reviews on it AFTER he bought it and he wasn't the only one. Pretty sure he bought it at American Freight. .

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    We’re in the market for a new mattress. My wife has a bad back, and our mattress isn’t helping. It’s a Bowles mattress, but just isn’t cutting it anymore.

I haven’t researched mattresses for some time. You have spring, memory foam, air...

I’m seeing brands like Sealy, Tempur Pedic, Sleep Number, Casper...

I’m a bit loss. I was always told Sleep Number was the best, but I found a large number of bad reviews.
    I just discovered Casper, and it seems interesting.

Also, what’s good for a bad back? Do you want firm, soft, a little of both?
    We took a chance on the purple mattress and just love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Another vote AGAINST Serta. Crap. And you are paying for all the marketing they do.

BEWARE of sleep numbers "no risk trial" it costs as much to send it back as to keep it should you hate it as we did.

Weird. We tried a sleep number and found that cosleeping with a kid and the requisite weird sleeping angles required meant laying across a firmer divider between the air cells. (supposedly they dont have those now) We had no issues returning it. Granted that was 12 years ago...

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I was on a budget but needed more support than spring mattresses could offer. I researched and went with zinus. Best matress I've ever owned and a 1/4 of the cost of similar memory foam. Also can just order from amazon and ups delivers to my home. They are pretty firm though....not like a soft spring mattress.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll say it again and elaborate... if you don't have an adjustable base, you are missing out and will suffer needlessly through cold season.

HUGE difference between flat bed and a 3 inch inclined chest and raised head, 18" when nose stuffed up will help prevent respiratory infections.
    That's great if you sleep on your back. Not so much if you don't.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've slept on the nectar mattress and slept well. Casper is ranked better so I shouldn't be disappointed.

Update. For the first time in years, I'm able to sleep the whole night without waking up. When my alarm goes off, I have no problem getting up because I feel like I've gotten more than enough rest. Last night, I went to bed at 1:00 am. 6:30 rolled around, and I was up and ready to go. I'm also waking up with no hip pain which is also a big plus.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    BEWARE of sleep numbers "no risk trial" it costs as much to send it back as to keep it should you hate it as we did.

Amen to that, they wanted over $600 to ship it back after my 30 night trial of sleeplessness. I told them to $%@# off, never did pay them, went to court over it and judge found in my favor. I flipped the sleep number attorney off as I was walking out and heard the judge start laughing.

Top Bottom