Need a Part-Time Job? If You Have a Bachelors Degree or Higher, Read On.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm a manager for a staffing company and right now I'm trying to hire 200 people with Bachelor's Degree's or higher. It doesn't pay much ($10 per hour) but I have day (8:30AM to 4:30PM) and Evening (5:30PM to 10:30PM) Mon-Fri shifts available. There's No-Weekend Work, and No Over-time.

The job is a sit-down job, no lifting. You'd be scoring tests, similar to Indiana's ISTEP tests.

The job will run from April 19th to June 3rd. Send me your email address if you're interested and I can email you a link to schedule a time to come in. I'm only going to have this post up until Tuesday, April 12th. We have to have time to process your paperwork and verify your degree and the job begins on Tuesday the 19th. The job is on the Northwest side of Indy near 71st and Michigan Road.

I can't get INGO PM's at work so don't freak-out if I don't reply right away. I'll be checking messages on Monday and Tuesday as soon as I get home. Remember, a BACHELORS degree or higher (it doesn't matter what your field of study was) is a MUST.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    [/BBachelor's Degree's or higher. It doesn't pay much ($10 per hour)]

Looks like that apprenticeship wasn't such a bad deal after all :rockwoot:

LOL... I knew one day my B.A.S would pay off!!!!

Thanks for the Snarktastic replies. I don't set the pay rate, our client does. Trust me, my job would be a lot easier if clients paid a higher wage. It's tough enough to recruit 1200 people in 4 weeks for a temp job. I'm just posting info here in case any of my INGO brothers and sisters need some extra cash. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, "Bite Me" :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks for looking out for someone who may be without or needing some stopgap funds. I certainly would do it if I had the time. That would be extra vacation money for the summer. :yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thanks for the Snarktastic replies. I don't set the pay rate, our client does. Trust me, my job would be a lot easier if clients paid a higher wage. It's tough enough to recruit 1200 people in 4 weeks for a temp job. I'm just posting info here in case any of my INGO brothers and sisters need some extra cash. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, "Bite Me" :D
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: EPIC!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Thanks for looking out for someone who may be without or needing some stopgap funds. I certainly would do it if I had the time. That would be extra vacation money for the summer. :yesway:

This. If I didn't live 3 hours away I would be all over this, so hopefully someone further downstate who needs the money can.

Thanks for thinking of your INGO brethren!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This. If I didn't live 3 hours away I would be all over this, so hopefully someone further downstate who needs the money can.

Thanks for thinking of your INGO brethren!
    Same here, thanks for offering it up, but $10/hr is pushing the limits of what I'll work for and I just can't drive 1 hr 20 mins to work that.... If I was closer, or could "tele-work" then I'd be interested.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Apparently, most INGOers are either blessed with good employment or are comfortable enough sucking on the government tit to ridicule honest work. :rolleyes:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I know four or five people that would be interested. Post your email address and I'll have them contact you. They are all more than qualified. They are not INGO members.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Apparently, most INGOers are either blessed with good employment or are comfortable enough sucking on the government tit to ridicule honest work. :rolleyes:

I don't ridicule honest work I ridicule the education system that pushes college for everyone and mocks and demeans honest manual labor. I did an add-on/remodel at Carmel middle school a few years back and they were tearing out all of their shop classes and replacing them with "graphic arts". I wonder how many of those $10.00 jobs are going to be filled with graphic arts, liberal arts, social work and the like. How would you like to be paying college loans back at $10.00 per hour temp work? I had two years of college and quit when my advisor told me I could make $18,000 my first year (1987) I had made more than that the previous year. The fact that madbombers clients think the work is only worth $10.00 per hour and at the very same time the only people qualified have a college degree. As an aside Bill Gates CEO of microsoft dropped out of college and so did these guys. The College Dropouts Hall of Fame: Famous college dropouts, successful college dropouts, and rich college dropouts

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    How would you like to be paying college loans back at $10.00 per hour temp work?
    Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt, didn't like it a bit. I've also thrown pizzas and been a telemarketer. Work is work.

It's still a rough economy. $10.00/hr vs sucking the government tit? Give me a couple $10.00/hr part-time jobs.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    It's still a rough economy. $10.00/hr vs sucking the government tit? Give me a couple $10.00/hr part-time jobs.

Someone get this man a beer. If more people felt this way we wouldn't be in half the messes we are as a society. I have multiple college degrees, and durring a period of unemployment I delivered pizzas, washed cars, and made coffee at a 7/11 as opposed to taking one red-cent from the government. I don't believe that having those pieces of paper somehow makes ANY job "beneath" me... work is work.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Someone get this man a beer. If more people felt this way we wouldn't be in half the messes we are as a society. I have multiple college degrees, and durring a period of unemployment I delivered pizzas, washed cars, and made coffee at a 7/11 as opposed to taking one red-cent from the government. I don't believe that having those pieces of paper somehow makes ANY job "beneath" me... work is work.

Most of the folks doing this job on the day shift are retirees. They like the social interaction getting out of the house brings. On the evening shift, it's typically people who work a day job but want/need extra cash. I can think of at least three people that told me they took the job because it pays their property taxes.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I don't think anybody is ridiculing the work. It's just that most people have a day job where they may more than double that number, so to take the part-time evening job isn't really worth it. Even if I lived closer I'd rather spend my time at home working in the yard etc.

I'm just going to throw a few things out there. I haven't folllowed unemployment that closely, but I have a feeling that very few of the unemployed are people with college degrees. Most of them are probably wage grade workers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a wage grade worker, and I don't think anybody here said so. But his client wants somebody with a college degree to work for $10/hr.

Now throw in that a good number of people with college degrees are still gainfully employed and $10/hr seems like a waste of time. For the person that is unemployed, all the more power to them to go do the work, but for me to accept the offer I would have to leave my day job and go straight there 1 hr 20 min drive, and work a few hours then return home. The wages I make wouldn't even cover my gas expenses.

I think madbomber knows that he has a tough row to hoe finding people with a college degree to take a $10/hr job, but it's great that he posted it up here in the hopes of an INGO member needing a part-time job.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I cant believe theres people taking a poo in this members thread! The man is trying to help people earn cash if they need it. who cares if you have a $100K a year household income is there any shame in WORKING an extra job for $10 an hour to have MORE money? **** no! or even if your in between jobs, theres NEVER any shame in being a working class man or woman no matter what the wage. At least your not sitting on your ass!
    who gives a flying **** if you have a college degree and you think you think you should be making $50 an hour? your only worth what people will pay you IF you even can find a job in this economy if you dont have one. some people need to suck it up and take a job. Ive never seen so much BS than people too proud to work a $10 an hour job. then they come on here and talk ****, when someone tries to give them a hand up. some of you will be failures your whole life because you settle for mediocre when you could have greatness with a little more effort. you go through life holding out and only doing the minimum that you have to do and never push yourself. yeah, ive worked with you type before. making other people bust their asses to make up for your slack, but your always right up front to take the credit when the boss rolls around. for all you young guns that think this is below you, you might wanna work multiple jobs now so you can save some money up. there isnt gonna be any retirement or social security when you get older.

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I cant believe theres people taking a poo in this members thread! The man is trying to help people earn cash if they need it. who cares if you have a $100K a year household income is there any shame in WORKING an extra job for $10 an hour to have MORE money? **** no! or even if your in between jobs, theres NEVER any shame in being a working class man or woman no matter what the wage. At least your not sitting on your ass!
    who gives a flying **** if you have a college degree and you think you think you should be making $50 an hour? your only worth what people will pay you IF you even can find a job in this economy if you dont have one. some people need to suck it up and take a job. Ive never seen so much BS than people too proud to work a $10 an hour job. then they come on here and talk ****, when someone tries to give them a hand up. some of you will be failures your whole life because you settle for mediocre when you could have greatness with a little more effort. you go through life holding out and only doing the minimum that you have to do and never push yourself. yeah, ive worked with you type before. making other people bust their asses to make up for your slack, but your always right up front to take the credit when the boss rolls around. for all you young guns that think this is below you, you might wanna work multiple jobs now so you can save some money up. there isnt gonna be any retirement or social security when you get older.

Thanks for the support Ranger...now take your meds and listen to a little Green Day before you blow out an artery :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom