• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Hey guys going to make this short and sweet. My father is applying for his ltch today. Just want to make sure that taking a picture at the local PD is not a requirement of the process? If they do ask him what would be the best response? I had this issue a few years back and believe he is going to run into the same issue.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    What if they insist on a picture being taken "for their records"?
    "I happen to know that a picture is not required for licensing and I do not submit to having my picture taken. You should have no problems processing my application without my picture."

If they refuse to process the application without his picture, contact Guy Relford.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    "I happen to know that a picture is not required for licensing and I do not submit to having my picture taken. You should have no problems processing my application without my picture."

If they refuse to process the application without his picture, contact Guy Relford.

Thats that is what I told him to say. Thank you. I fell into the trap about 6 years ago with the same department and I didn't want him to make the same mistake.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Well they stated that it is part of their procedure and refused to continue to process his application until they can confirm it is not a requirement.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well they stated that it is part of their procedure and refused to continue to process his application until they can confirm it is not a requirement.

Call the State Office building, in Indy, or your local post, and talk to someone, who knows, the LTCH, "system", and get clarity .....

I never had to submit a pic ..... I have been carrying, since 1982 .....

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I guess I don't get why he doesn't want his picture taken. I'm sure it is more than a bad hair day. Truthfully, they probably took one with security cameras when he walked up to the door. If I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't worry.

You might also ask where this picture will be stored and who will have access to it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I guess I don't get why he doesn't want his picture taken. I'm sure it is more than a bad hair day. Truthfully, they probably took one with security cameras when he walked up to the door. If I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't worry.

You might also ask where this picture will be stored and who will have access to it.

Maybe because they should know better?

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI

Nothing to hide.

When local PDs do not follow state law and start making up their own procedure it is a cause for concern. It has clearly been stated that it is not a requirement of the process therefore the department is not following state law which is wrong.

Picture not required=deny picture being taken

Denying picture does not mean someone has something to hide as you are implying. It simply means you don't submit to authority when in fact they are making an unreasonable request.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Tell them to use the security camera footage. (Because they already have your photo). ... So, who cares.

just go in wearing a balaclava. That should take care of it.

Insert purple wherever.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    They said they are checking into whether or not a picture is required, and will get back to my father.

My father has contacted a lawyer recommended. So we will see where this goes if they do not contact him back in a reasonable amount of time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They said they are checking into whether or not a picture is required, and will get back to my father.

My father has contacted a lawyer recommended. So we will see where this goes if they do not contact him back in a reasonable amount of time.

What PD is this? Have they never been involved in the LTCH process before?

Local PDs can not add requirements for a LTCH even if it is their "policy".

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, please tell us the police department.

f_109_big.jpg

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    What PD is this? Have they never been involved in the LTCH process before?

Local PDs can not add requirements for a LTCH even if it is their "policy".

Highland.

They have been doing the process for quite awhile. As I stated earlier I was asked to take a picture about 6 years ago when I didn't know any better. So I hoping this will correct their so called policy and they will adhere to correct process of obtaining a LTCH.

Top Bottom