• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm planning to shed some weight from my rifle and I'm dumping the Surefire quad rail and going back to standard M4 handguards. The only problem with this is that I need to be able to mount a Surefire Scout Light on the handguards and I can't have the light forward of the muzzle, it's a 10.5 SBR. I would like to attach a rail section to the 4:00 or 5:00 position on the handguards which will require drilling through them. The problem I have with using any old generic rail section is that they won't lay flush due to the ribs on the handguards.

Does anyone know of an available rail section which is cut on the backside to clear the ribs and still lay flush?

I'd be open to other options as well but I'd prefer a metal rail section and I'm trying to save weight so I don't want anything heavy going back on.

TIA

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks mvician. I hadn't even considered the MOE gear, never really paid much attention to it. I may just go with a MOE handguard and rail mounted at the 2:00 position.

You can always dremel the ribs so the rail section will lay flat.

I know you said "metal" but I'd go with the Magpul MOE rail kit if you're just mounting a Scout light.

Magpul MOE Polymer L2 Rail Section with 5 Slots

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I may just go with a MOE handguard and rail mounted at the 2:00 position.

This is one of the longer sections of MOE rail but same concept. I order most of my AR15 gear from Bravo Company : Bravo Company USA, Inc. AR-15, M16, M4 Tactical Gear, Parts, Accessories.

img0924sn.jpg

Top Bottom