• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    The wife has requested a throwing knife or set for Christmas. She is getting back into it and needs something that will hold up to some practice, yet isn't overly expensive to start out with.

We're looking for something of some decent quality 440 steel, but is under $50. Preferably something that doesn't have paracord on the handle, etc, so suited almost soley to throwing. Sheath that would do well on boot cut jeans is also a plus.

Any help would be appreciated.

PointFiveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    St. Joseph County
    I have a set of those SOG knives. I haven't really tossed them around because I moved into an apartment shortly after I picked them up, but I hear they break on the "O" in SOG after a few failed tosses.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    AKTA has a few sets up for sale at $50 i believe. the procceeds go to fund the American Knife Throwers Association, their events, and classes. Bobby Branton is who i would call the "go to" guy on throwing knives. he makes all types. traditional, no spin, and exotics..... all proven and copied time and time again.

the AKTA is auctioning them on facebook... the pouch they picture is NOT included, though.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Have you tried to explain to her that she shouldn't throw a paring knife or chef's knife? I mean, isn't that all she needs?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Have you tried to explain to her that she shouldn't throw a paring knife or chef's knife? I mean, isn't that all she needs?

New niche items!! Throwing spatulas, window squeegee bayonets, and toilet brush katanas!!!!!

The above is a joke, ladies.... And women. :)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Depends on what you are throwing at and why. Competition or just for playing. I sell some throwing knives and can order almost anything.

Top Bottom