• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i guess it all depends on which busse your using. all of mine hold a very very nice edge and thats even after being beaten on. but if your going to be doing delicate work you would definitely be much better off not using the killa zilla or nmfbm but i think that would be pretty obvious to anyone. if your doing that get a boss or bad or sar3 or any of the smaller ones. but infi holds its edge very well

g123456

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Chris Reeve Green Beret knife - This is the same knife given to each person who passes the Special Forces Qualification Course.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    My personal preference would be the Relentless M4 Bolo. I have handled several of the Relentless knives and the workmanship is top rate. I may end up selling some of my other fighters to get one of these...

http://www.relentlessknives.com/catalog_files/2008/2008M4Bolo1c.jpg

Relentless Knives

thats some nice blades in there. for the money i would personally like them to come standard with the s30v but they look solid and come with some very nice leather it appears.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would love a Green Beret if they came in a plain edge. S35V is freaking sweet, and his knives are pretty classy.

I've never handled one of those Relentless knives but they look pretty cool, especially in 30V.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I really like the Esee knives, but you said "ultimate" thats Busse territory...

Damn right :yesway:

My first Busse was a NMSFNO, it's a great all round blade. It can chop (not the best, but it'll do it), batons like crazy, and you can throw it :D

Started off as a combat grade that I stripped after a lot of beatings

After smoothing the scales.

Busses are tough, and the hold an edge. As I said, I use mine as a thrower. I had a throw get away from my and cream a cinder block.

After hitting a cinder block

With a little work

You can't even tell it hit concrete. The only mark on my edge is when I hit a nail with it when it was 2 weeks old, still hasn't worked out, but it stays sharp.

As for Swamp Rat, SR101 is damn good stuff too. I reprofiled my Rucki to a 25 degree angle, after I did that reprofiling and sharpening, I've only sharpened it once since then (just to bring it to Knob Creek pretty sharp), it sliced through 30 thick cardboard boxes, batoned a lot, chopped well seasoned nasty stuff, green stuff, plastic, even managed to nick a brick and it still had a shaving sharp edge when I sharpened it the second time.

INFI, SR101, and SR-77 are all good stuff.

Other brands that are tougher than hell, Grayman and Horton. Also, Ban Tang makes custom knives out of some pretty good steel, plus they're probably some of the sharpest knives on the planet.

But, I 100% support any product that comes out of Wauseon Ohio :yesway:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol ban makes stupid sharp stuff. it's crazy. his tigress is beastly but his prices almost make me cry lol.

i have always wanted either the nmsfno or the sarsquatch. i haven't had luck on either yet lol. m67 you got a bad ass collection for sure. i would also love a freaking rucki. i think that is the ultimate zombie slayer :)

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks to you all for the solid and helpful advice. I have learned a ton on this new blade search. I went to visit knife lady today at the 1500 and she was a pleasure to meet and speak with. What an awesome selection of fine blades. As I continue my search I think I'm leaning toward a Busse NMSFNO

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks to you all for the solid and helpful advice. I have learned a ton on this new blade search. I went to visit knife lady today at the 1500 and she was a pleasure to meet and speak with. What an awesome selection of fine blades. As I continue my search I think I'm leaning toward a Busse NMSFNO

Not a bad choice--everyone has to buy a Busse at least once in their life to see if it's for them. Be forewarned though, if you ever get really bit by the Busse bug, you'll be envy of crackheads and what small, cheap addictions they seem to have:D

Top Bottom