• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darkwang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Michiana
    The more I think about it, the more I'm desperate to consider one :( I have no AR anymore and now I cannot afford to buy one...... I hope I don't regret not buying one of these while I can for under $200!

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have one (although one generation older without the sling hole) in my safe. I prefer a normal lower but only because you can change stocks. It's not a bad lower. I have shot many rounds out of mine.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    If you want a lightweight AR, then these are nice. I've done several builds and this is still one of my favorites.

I have to say that my first words about the bare lower were "that sucker is butt ugly"

But after I saw darrent's weapon I changed my mind. :yesway: Nice build.

picture.php

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    if i needed an ar15 i would buy one, but im not a battle rifle snob either. thanks for the link, im sure some would be happy to have it.:twocents:

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    These are what used to be Calvary Arms. The guy who is producing them bought all the machinery and is running now. I spent some time talking to him on the phone last weekend. He is retired military and GWACS makes shot detection systems for the military. He is a nice guy trying to get started. Told him about INGO and what they had tried to make for us previously...an INGO imprinted special order lower that never happened. If anyone doesn't have a lower...you can call him on the number on the website. He answers directly. He will still transfer to FFL for you as of last weekend. I have shot a couple of the original Calv lowers and they are ugly but very functional.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    These are what used to be Calvary Arms. The guy who is producing them bought all the machinery and is running now. I spent some time talking to him on the phone last weekend. He is retired military and GWACS makes shot detection systems for the military. He is a nice guy trying to get started. Told him about INGO and what they had tried to make for us previously...an INGO imprinted special order lower that never happened. If anyone doesn't have a lower...you can call him on the number on the website. He answers directly. He will still transfer to FFL for you as of last weekend. I have shot a couple of the original Calv lowers and they are ugly but very functional.

I have several of the original Cav Arms MKII lowers, which are still covered by his warranty. The lowers are fantastic, even if some folks don't like the looks of them. They work, they are light weight, and they are good to go. I built an ultra-light pink one for my daughter with a pencil thin barrel and the thing is the easiest swinging, lightest AR15 that I've ever shot and it attracts crowds at the public shooting ranges with all sorts of people coming up asking to try it out. Cav Arms MKII lowers are commonly used in shooting competitions.

Here are a few of the guns I built for my daughter, but while these are non-traditional colors, they offer OD green, black and desert tan.
    1-19.jpg

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013

Good to know!

I think I just might get one now. I'd much rather get an aluminum lower with the traditional carbine style stock, but for all intents and purposes, this big polymer lower might actually make for a nice coyote gun.

Top Bottom