• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    So in an effort to save money I bought an open box item advertised as never installed. It's a Bluetooth sound bar for a golf cart. I installed it and when I plugged in the power wire, nothing happened. I discovered the inline fuse was blown (and blows when replaced) and contacted both the seller and the manufacturer. The seller is sending a new power wire and the manufacturer says if the power is hooked up backwards it'll blow the fuse and never work again. I'm assuming the original purchaser did just that. Now back in high school if I blew the channels out of an amplifier there were shops you could take them to for repair; this being an amplified sound bar, is that still the case? I haven't ever been deep into stereo stuff so I know very little but I do know I hooked it up right!

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Before I read your whole thread I thought "Was it ever wired up backwards?" Not sure on the cost of the unit. It might be better to buy another new one. Shipping outbound to get it repaired guessing at 20$ easy just to start. Plus that much to return and then toss in fix it labor. The only other thing is... Do you have a buddy that works on electronics? Just like small engines, TVs etc, with the labor to diagnose and repair, it usually is cheaper to replace.

Don't want to seem like I am raining on your parade...

Top Bottom