• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Tylenol-PM.jpg

You don't give caplets to a BABY! That's what liquid Nyquil is for! Sheesh!

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Also, be absolutely clear that the baby and carrier go ON the dryer, not IN the dryer. Important safety tip from your Uncle Scutter01. :thumbsup:

OH CRAP! Sorry I thought the tumbling was relaxing. I guess I misunderstood grandma. We'll in her defense she was drinking and you know the whole pill thing. My Bad.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    My advice, RUN!:laugh:

To be helpful though, they make a nifty little device that generates white noise for just such purposes. I have one that has crashing surf, gentle rain, chirping crickets, etc. Pick your noise and go to sleep. Quite soothing actually. You can also try a fan, obviously not blowing on it, but in the same room. Serves the same purpose and it won't cost you anything but electricity.

Yep!

The best one of these, but not expensive.... has actual real sounds, that were recorded. Distant thunderstorms, ocean surf, crickets & wind, birds chirping at sunset, etc.
    It's called 'The Dream Machine'.
    You can probably find it at Wally World or Target. I know Sears used to sell them.....likely still do. My elderly Mom used to use one to help her fall asleep.... :yesway:

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    When we brought my little boy home we had a stuffed bear that had the heartbeat sound generator in it. We hung it on his crib and he would be out like a lite.. But as others have said be ready for some long nights...lol but its fun

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When we brought my little boy home we had a stuffed bear that had the heartbeat sound generator in it. We hung it on his crib and he would be out like a lite.. But as others have said be ready for some long nights...lol but its fun
    I've heard that works really well. Many pediatricians recommend these "heartbeat" things since the kid was listening to Mommies for 9 months. I feel for you My youngest had colic for quite a while. In about 6-9 months it will get better. It'll feel like 6-9 years but you'll survive about 99% of Parents do...the rest end up in straight jackets!:laugh:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    the heartbeat bears are money. that way they get use to staying in the crib off the top. they are cheap and work great. now a days your not suppose to leave anything in the crib but we left it in there with ours. that and one of those battery operated or electrical swings. those were probably our 2 best investments.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    the heartbeat bears are money. that way they get use to staying in the crib off the top. they are cheap and work great. now a days your not suppose to leave anything in the crib but we left it in there with ours. that and one of those battery operated or electrical swings. those were probably our 2 best investments.

Those electric swings are money!

IMHE, the vibrating bouncers are even better...Something like this:

wTrWyH-KsLwY1gukqumTrSOxNWQCqfKmqUhgl8SXpfvdG9ZQMW_YjI4LVTxZ1VdXwpICcQDM2V9B8SnoHXmEzJeJr-42pDBBW2K7ENcmHmiS0Is1JZPhM8D1v8X9UZiQ30Ok43-Ypm8kVoonK4F55MZSsfKJBBqW9kPxUaMbwKiLlEERqYoF

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

As others have said, first of all congrats! The lifetime of worry now begins!

This absolutely worked for us. Both of our children started sleeping through the night almost immediately using the heartbeat sound machine.

Also, if momma breast feeds, add that just before bedtime...oddly enough that still works for me!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Of course you don't give a baby Nyquil. You give 'em Benadryl!

FTW!
    I remember an episode of House. They were in an airport and a baby was crying non stop. House turns and says he is a doctor and the mom needed to give 10cc of benedryl to the baby, the baby's life depended on it. The mom asks what is wrong with her baby and house replies, "I'm gonna kill him."

SKINNER82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Only way our daughter would ever sleep was with a noise maker - $20 @ walmart; plus you can take in on roadtrips with you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    SimplyNoise - The Best Free White Noise Generator on the Internet.

this site has various white noises that you can put on, and I use the thunderstorm download. its a 60 minute storm that is perfect for me.

See, to me that just sounds like static, which is annoying rather than relaxing. It doesn't sound anything like a thunderstorm. I posted a link up above to a place that does recordings of natural white noise, but I don't really like having to pay ten bucks for each one. However, I put one of them on and I'm out in like three minutes.

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    1st: Congratulations!
    2nd: Condolences in about 15 years!
    3rd: VLC from Videolan.org has media looping and lists for almost all OS's.
    4th: Congratulations again.

Top Bottom