• ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Like the title states...

I need an FFL that can ship a revolver to California. The revolver is California compliant but because it is California I'm having a hell of a time finding an FFL who will ship it. Well I did find one... But $80 plus shipping?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated & I'm in Fort Wayne

Gun is a S&W TRR8

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I am no legal eagle but I'm sure long guns that are legal in CA can be posted through USPS by an individual. The rcving FFL must be willing to accept from and individual is the only caveat. The FFL, can post handguns as well, IIRC. Don't know where Huntertown is but Charlie @ Bailey's Bait and Tackle between Nashville and Columbus has always been helpful and reasonable.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Try Tomlinsons in Churubusco. They did a great job handling an on-line purchase for me. They are quality folks. Worst they can do is decline to handle it.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    My first gunbroker sale and it has to be a person in Cali to buy it. I really feel bad for the people there! Seems like nobody in the gun work has any love for them! I want the buyer to have a smooth transaction and get his dream gun in a timly manner... this it driving me nuts, I'm just communicating with the buyer and his FFL as to the issues I'm having

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Did you try asking either Wrigley or ZX Gun in FW what they'd charge? I have no idea what the cost would be, but a couple of calls might give you a comparison against the price you've already gotten.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    please see link below, if you haven't already been advised of this. It has the main reason why FFL's will not ship or charge more to ship California.
    It isn't just a simple log it in, log it out, drop in a box and go.

Frequently Asked Questions | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

California has to many things against gun owners and to be extremely safe, most FFL's won't bother with it. To many laws to remember on what is legal, what is not etc. So if the guy in Cali. really wants that gun, pass the $80 transfer fee on to him, then tell him to get the heck out of Cali.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Yea... I'm never selling to Cali again. Lesson learned the hard way.

I had no idea it was going to be such a PITA

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    A big thank you to tomlinson shooting supplies for the great service on handling my shipment to California. Oh... Lets not forget JetGirl for her help as the ever so friendly sales person!

Top Bottom