• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drussell077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    Livingston
    I'm looking to buy good riot gear, maybe something made out of PE Fiber? I just bought a $300 vest made of it. Something light, durable and good for riot situations. Looking for Helmet, boots and gloves too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Nothing beats a good supply of quality bricks. I'd break the wallet for fire-hardened bricks. They're worth the money in a riot. I've tried the cheaper bricks, and they just can't break the store windows the same way. You get extra "shanks" (long shards that are stuck in the window frame), and sometimes you even get some splatter from the brick itself.

Second, I used to use a crowbar. But then after reading some INGO threads, I am wondering whether the Stanley Fubar might not be better. It's a little shorter, so you have less leverage, but it's more portable.

You need a good carry system for the loot. But this is kind of a compromise situation, because you want to be choosy about what you loot. There is no point carrying away a $300 TV, huffing and puffing all the way home, when you can get something smaller, lighter, and more valuable. Think before you loot.

:laugh:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Yeah.. that was a joke. Maybe he should have used purple. Not trying to be that guy, but what types of riot situations are you preparing for? Riot gear is typically used by many many people in groups, it won't do you much good if you're the only one.

drussell077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    Livingston
    True. Yeah i'd be buying a few for some of the people in my group. (Friends/Family)
    Just preparing for riots caused by crazy people and chaos of any kind.
    Thanks

Also, on this forum - purple text means joking?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    True. Yeah i'd be buying a few for some of the people in my group. (Friends/Family)
    Thanks

Just build a brick wall, and hide behind it, and shoot whoever you want ..... (apply purple, as needed).....

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    Nothing beats a good supply of quality bricks. I'd break the wallet for fire-hardened bricks. They're worth the money in a riot. I've tried the cheaper bricks, and they just can't break the store windows the same way. You get extra "shanks" (long shards that are stuck in the window frame), and sometimes you even get some splatter from the brick itself.

Second, I used to use a crowbar. But then after reading some INGO threads, I am wondering whether the Stanley Fubar might not be better. It's a little shorter, so you have less leverage, but it's more portable.

You need a good carry system for the loot. But this is kind of a compromise situation, because you want to be choosy about what you loot. There is no point carrying away a $300 TV, huffing and puffing all the way home, when you can get something smaller, lighter, and more valuable. Think before you loot.

:laugh:

This literally made me LOL! also just a thought you might bring a partner to use as a mule, you know one to hunt for the good stuff and one to carry!

strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    hey for gloves you cant go wrong with the tactical police/ military hardened knuckle gloves... i have a pair and they are freakin great! also underarmour has some great boots. however i wear a 13x6E and noone carries those and a 15 doesnt work. just thought id try and help ya out, goodluck.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I'm not sure what type of doomsday/economic collapse scenario your into.

Me personally, a bunch of riot gear seems.....excessive. If you live in the middle of downtown, yeah i can see you needing something like this. But if you live in a good size town....all you need is a firearm and maybe a small bullet proof vest.

baton, boots, helmet, large vest, tactical flashlight- seems too much. If i was on situation were there are riots going on, my main goal would be to get as far away as possible from the riots. If i'm carrying 50lbs of riot gear, that only makes me slow and a great target.

riot gear to me shouts- hey look at me, i have money, ammo, guns, knifes, ect ect.

I'm still saving for an EOTAC vest. It doesn't scream military or police, but more of "hey i'm a fisherman"

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I used to use a crowbar. But then after reading some INGO threads, I am wondering whether the Stanley Fubar might not be better. It's a little shorter, so you have less leverage, but it's more portable. Think before you loot.

Bingley, mind if I use this quote in my Signature? :laugh:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the compliment. Sure, go ahead!

Would you like to join me and my Viking-esque raiders? If SHTF, we're heading over to IndyDave's fortress for a beer, apparently after pillaging and burning Illinois. We could use someone to remind us to pillage first, then burn. We keep getting the order wrong.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    1# thing everyone forgets to bring to a RIOT.... Gas Mask... don't leave home without it...

BudK Czech M10 Gas Mask With Filter & Drinking Tube: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

They are cheap, effective and keep the CS out so you can keep chuck'n those rocks while everyone else is gagging on their own spit or running home to mommy crying.

I'd also opt for a Tyvek type F chem suit to wear under your padding/street clothes. They are waterproof light-weight, flexible, and will keep any CS agent off your skin. I keep a box of them at home for various purposes and have them in our bug out kits. They can double as ponchos, anti-NBC, and when put on properly will keep your DNA on your person and out of a potential crime scene.

Last edited:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Thanks

If you are really serious fighting rioters hand to hand is a bad idea. Do you think you and your 5 friends in riot gear and batons will stop 50+ people aka a riot ? Id return that $300 dollar vest and reinvest in something that would work.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I don't plan to fight Robjps, i plan to shoot and not get stabbed in the process, i was looking more for lightweight tactical gear.

For equiping a bunch of friends id check out

Military Surplus Load Bearing Vest (LBV) Holds 6 AR-15 30 Round Mags 2

It doesn't offer protection but if you wanted something that will stop a knife and a bullet you want hard armor which is heavy and usually expensive. On the cheap you could get ar500 steel plates with the spray on coating to stop spawling.

Call me cheap id get myself some nice stuff and stick other people with mil surp stuff found on the cheap.

Top Bottom