• ...and so much more!
  • newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    The rifle- s&w 15 sport 16" barrel
    current optic- knock off acog wanna be 0 magnification.
    My budget is extremely tight ( think ramen noodle tight) so no acog or eotechs for me. The current optic i have is ok but i feel like i have tunnel vision even while keeping both eyes open. I was thinking of a reflex sight but i dont have the cash to experiment . Plus i would kinda want something with at least 3x magnification. Should i just look into a separate magnifier for what i have? If i go that way ill need a different hand guard and im not diggin a quad rail.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The rifle- s&w 15 sport 16" barrel
    current optic- knock off acog wanna be 0 magnification.
    My budget is extremely tight ( think ramen noodle tight) so no acog or eotechs for me. The current optic i have is ok but i feel like i have tunnel vision even while keeping both eyes open. I was thinking of a reflex sight but i dont have the cash to experiment . Plus i would kinda want something with at least 3x magnification. Should i just look into a separate magnifier for what i have? If i go that way ill need a different hand guard and im not diggin a quad rail.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Suck it up and deal with what you have until you can buy something nice. If you upgrade to another "ramen noodle" optic your going to be in the exact same boat in a few months are you are today.

Phipps

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    +1 on iron sights and saving for a better optic. Heard nothing but good things about Primary Arms optics. You could do a red dot and save for a 3x FTS magnifier later. Or get a used EO Tech 512.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    Yes i know you get what you pay for but thats not really the issue , kinda sort of. Im more curious whether a reflex would be better than an acog style optic. My budget is less than $200.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yes i know you get what you pay for but thats not really the issue , kinda sort of. Im more curious whether a reflex would be better than an acog style optic. My budget is less than $200.

That's impossible to answer without knowing what your doing with it. Under 200 is not what I consider "Ramen noodle" budget. I was thinking you didn't want to spend more than 50 bucks. For under 200 you could get a 1st generation Strikefire from me that comes with a 2x magnifier. The magnifier is not much, but you can always add a better magnifier later.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Vortex spark has a two minute dot and comes with a screw in 2 power magnifier. When the magnifier is added your dot only ends up being 4 moa.

The dot will cover the same amount of target no matter if its magnified or not. With a 2x magnifier, the dot gets bigger to your eye, but the target gets bigger as well so its a wash.

Top Bottom