• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've got both calibres and like them both, but I flat out love my .357's. Got one in a Taurus and one in a S&W. I like carrying the .357 S&W, but the .45 Taurus Mil-Pro is my usual EDC. If I had to pick one to carry, to the exclusion of the others it would be the .357, hand down. It's just the best of the best, IMO.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Yep...going the way of the .357. Looking for the Ruger SP101 I want, got a price of $720 before tax...WOW...not sure if this will be feasible anytime soon. My LGS said he has never sold one with a 4 inch barrel so its unlikely he will get one traded in. Either I am going to have to look for something a little less expensive, or trade off a couple, and I do not like that idea...at all. This is primarily intended as a range toy and not for carry. Thanks again INGO, got to say that this is a great site, you have all been very helpful.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yep...going the way of the .357. Looking for the Ruger SP101 I want, got a price of $720 before tax...WOW...not sure if this will be feasible anytime soon. My LGS said he has never sold one with a 4 inch barrel so its unlikely he will get one traded in. Either I am going to have to look for something a little less expensive, or trade off a couple, and I do not like that idea...at all. This is primarily intended as a range toy and not for carry. Thanks again INGO, got to say that this is a great site, you have all been very helpful.

Try online and have it transferred in.

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-sp1...teel-finish-adjustable-fiber-optic-sight.aspx

$540, so $180 cheaper than what you were quoted. I didn't search around much, it may be cheaper elsewhere.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    My preference? Probably the 1911 in 45acp. Love the 1911 platform. Lot of options as to cost, looks, etc. in the 1911 platform. Can get what I think is a reliable and accurate RIA for less than $500, or you can easily go past $1,000 for others.

Having said that, I also am extremely fond of my GP100. Very solid wheel gun. Fun to shoot, but the 357mag does have a little more recoil, but the GP100 does a good job controlling it.

What else might you have in the stable already? If I already owned a semi, I might consider the revolver to broaden my experience. Either way don't think you can go wrong. Both have that cold feel of steel!

(I reload so the availability of ammo & cost is not as much of a concern.)

Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I Love both calibers but I would do the 45 first. I find that I shoot more 45. The reason is I defer to the 38spl just due to the fact it is easier to find 38 than 357. I really enjoy my 586 S&W but shooting my 45 is more enjoyable as convenience in an auto loader.

Now with that said go to a range and rent both :)

Top Bottom