• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have a spare bedroom you can not live in while stationed away from Indiana and would gladly forward any LTCH related mail you won't receive while not living here until you return and find another place. You'd even be welcome to not park a vehicle in my garage for the duration of your non usage, it would be no problem.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    I have a spare bedroom you can not live in while stationed away from Indiana and would gladly forward any LTCH related mail you won't receive while not living here until you return and find another place. You'd even be welcome to not park a vehicle in my garage for the duration of your non usage, it would be no problem.

totally rep'ed for that one!
    my wife laughed her pregnant butt off!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I kept my iowa residency while on active duty by paying state income taxes. Are you paying indiana income taxes? (I did it so i could get in state tuition. When i returned to college after my term was over).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I contacted ISP this morning and the officer on the line said all i had to do was submit an address change
    crossing my fingers ;)

That's what I was going to say. Address does not establish residency, it's only one component. If you are still paying Indiana income taxes and are moved due to military orders, to attend college, probably some other stuff, you are still a resident. You can update your address on both your LTCH and your Indiana Driver's License with an out of state address and not lose your residency.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    When I was in the Navy, the DMV wouldn't let me use my ship address to get a plate for my car. Indiana was my home of record. I had to use my girlfriends' mothers address.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    OP, you are welcome to use my address as well. I know what its like to not live close to family... I believe you would have to notify ISP of the address change, and then when you come back to the state notify them again of the new address.

Top Bottom