• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I want to build a 1911. My uncle builds them and has told me that if I buy all the parts he will teach me to build one. He has all the tools and things necessary to do this, so I feel like not taking him up on this offer would be a mistake. He usually buys older or cheaper complete 1911s and rebuilds from there. I would like to buy a stripped frame and slide not a complete gun. I have been looking at Caspian frames and slides and have been told they are top quality. I am on a limited budget and plan on this process taking a while.

Basically, What frame do all you 1911 guru builders use? I really like a railed frame.
    What slide and barrel should I be looking for?
    Where would be a good place to buy these?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I want to build a 1911. My uncle builds them and has told me that if I buy all the parts he will teach me to build one. He has all the tools and things necessary to do this, so I feel like not taking him up on this offer would be a mistake. He usually buys older or cheaper complete 1911s and rebuilds from there. I would like to buy a stripped frame and slide not a complete gun. I have been looking at Caspian frames and slides and have been told they are top quality. I am on a limited budget and plan on this process taking a while.

Basically, What frame do all you 1911 guru builders use? I really like a railed frame.
    What slide and barrel should I be looking for?
    Where would be a good place to buy these?

On friday give a call to Remsport Mfg. I just bought a SS railed frame and matching slide for 435.00. They are out now but he thought he may have some new ones ready by Friday.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    Wow the remsport seems to be the best bang for the buck. Have they been easy to deal with? Ever had any problems with anything?

Another question I have is should I go with stainless or carbon steel? I plan on cerakoting it anyways so appearance won't really matter. I'll be using it as a carry piece and don't need some BBQ gun.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wow the remsport seems to be the best bang for the buck. Have they been easy to deal with? Ever had any problems with anything?

Another question I have is should I go with stainless or carbon steel? I plan on cerakoting it anyways so appearance won't really matter. I'll be using it as a carry piece and don't need some BBQ gun.

They are very easy to deal with however you can't just call and order like you would with Caspian or Fusion. They basically make frames and slides for your well known custom shops and others. If they have batch overruns then you can order those, he usually runs extra to sell. They don't have a website per se but do have a facebook page.

Top Bottom