• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have decided to purchase my next pistol.
    I have nailed it down to a surplus Hi Power, M9 Beretta, S&W 19, or Ruger Mark III.
    What would you buy from the list?

What purpose will it serve for you? What do you already own? Lots more info needed to make a valid recommendation.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I will qualify my answer with the quetion, what is the purpose you plan for this next handgun.
    Hi-Point IMO is a fantastic firearm for the price. They are ugly as hell, but so are English bull dogs and people love them! :): I have a JCP .40 and am very happy with its performance. Its is heavy and bulky but shoots pretty damned straight. It is my primary home defense handgun for several reasons, not the least of which is when/if I ever have to use it for this purpose, it will without ANY doubt be confiscated by the police when they show up to investigate, and I know I wont be the only one to say this, but expensive "confiscated" handguns tend to grow legs in the evidence cage. ;)
    For this reason alone, anyone who owns a handgun, should also own a Hi-Point. Its a good gun for shooting and you will get it back most likely if you have any personal protection issues! :D

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It is my primary home defense handgun for several reasons, not the least of which is when/if I ever have to use it for this purpose, it will without ANY doubt be confiscated by the police when they show up to investigate, and I know I wont be the only one to say this, but expensive "confiscated" handguns tend to grow legs in the evidence cage. ;)
    For this reason alone, anyone who owns a handgun, should also own a Hi-Point. Its a good gun for shooting and you will get it back most likely if you have any personal protection issues! :D

Now there is an interesting read. . Not something I had ever given much thought to honestly.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    it would be a range gun.
    the only other pistols i own are a makarov and glock 17
    what else do you want to know

VBob
    DSC_0003.5.JPG

44mag
    20380_20100421160115_1.jpg

Ruger Vaquero
    025_edited-2.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    From your list I would go with the Ruger Mk III. Everybody needs a good .22! Find some ammo (when available) and practice, practice, practice! You'll be amazed at how much better you shoot everything else!

Top Bottom