• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    Glock without a doubt. Personally fired 2,000 round thru one in a week, without cleaning or any sort of malfunctioning. Can't beat that with a stick.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My son in law carries his 9mm XD everywhere, the only xd in the house of Glock. Since my daughter seems to like him, I allow the one, as long as he carries it concealed.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick Glock. The XD's grip safety makes 1 handed contact shots nearly impossible should you find yourself getting physical with no other options.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    look how many police departments carry xd anything...

And that matters why???

i don't understand why people compare themselves to law enforcement or military in regards to the arms or gear they choose without considering all the politics and lobbying that sways police departments and military brass in their awarding of contracts to one company over the other. (A half dozen other pistol choices come to mind as being superior to the Beretta as a fighting pistol, just my opinion). All that being said, I'm an M&P fanboy (though I also have an XD).

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    XDm felt better in my hand, and I personally like the grip safety. Greatly reduces the chance of Glockleg. Both are great guns, choose whichever is best for you. I like the fact that my XDm Compact can turn into a full size with the full size magazine and grip extension.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    ... (A half dozen other pistol choices come to mind as being superior to the Beretta as a fighting pistol, just my opinion).....
    I don't agree. When you consider that one of the military's biggest concerns is that it can be fired well by the most varied cross-section of people possible, the Beretta does very well. I don't think I've ever seen anybody pick up a 92/M9 and not be able to shoot it. It just seems to fit everybody (with the only exception being those with very tiny hands), which Glocks, XD's and 1911's just don't do.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't agree. When you consider that one of the military's biggest concerns is that it can be fired well by the most varied cross-section of people possible, the Beretta does very well. I don't think I've ever seen anybody pick up a 92/M9 and not be able to shoot it. It just seems to fit everybody (with the only exception being those with very tiny hands), which Glocks, XD's and 1911's just don't do.

The Beretta does indeed feel good in hand, not gonna disagree there. Where I feel it is found wanting ergonomically is the lack of grip-able surface area on the slide as well as the safety, neither of which are ideal for tap-and-rack malfunction clearing. There is no slide surface are forward of the ejector area to grip, and there is little surface towards the rear (with not very aggressive texturing at that). The positioning of the safety bites into your hand while trying to grip and rack the slide, plus the risk of unintentionally engaging the safety while racking the slide.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I own and carry an XDsc, XDs, and G26 (not all at the same time) and also own a G17 and G19. XD and XDs have the grip safety - some people like them, some don't. Personally, the XDsc feels better in my hand and I shoot it the best, but YMMV. XDs is the smallest, which is nice. Since I don't get the LEO discount on the Glock, the price difference is not enough to make me choose one over the other, although Springfields tend to be a few bucks less. Have not noticed a difference in reliability between any of them. Glocks are slightly easier to field strip.

To me, there's no clear winner - it boils down to personal preference.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    As a retired member of our fine Armed Forces I have 2 words for this one. Cheapest Bidder. The Beretta is a fine pistol, but most people in the Military are not gun people, therefore shoot it once a year to qualify. As an instructor for my unit, you would be surprised how many people could not hit the paper, let alone qualify with an M9 from less than 10 yards.

ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville
    Thank you all for the great info, but I hate to say it's not making my decision any easier... Ill have to shoot them both side by side in order to chose

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thank you all for the great info, but I hate to say it's not making my decision any easier... Ill have to shoot them both side by side in order to chose

Oh its not so bad thats always the best way anyhow… Until you decide "well I want both!" That is where the real problems start :D

Top Bottom