• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris08110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I am trying to decide on my next cc gun. I have a Ruger LCP which I love but I'm looking for something with a little more stopping power and cheaper more available ammo. The LCP is also a bit snappy so I'm looking for something a bit larger that may help dampen some of the felt recoil. I'm thinking a small 9mm due to availablity and price of ammo but I wouldn't be opposed to something in .40 cal. .40 cal seems to be a pretty versatile & more powerful round in which both cost and availability are similar to the 9mm. I really like the SR9C but I've also seen an XD9sc, and a Glock 23. I like the Glock 23 because it offers the 9mm conversion barrel so I'd essentially have 2 calibers in 1. Any experience with any of these guns or calibers or any advice on these models or which caliber would be the best would be greatly appreciated. I love the size of the LCP as I can throw it in my pocket and not think twice about it. I carry everyday for work and need something small and easy to conceal. Let me know what you guys think. All thoughts are appreciated

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm not even a Glock fanboy and I'm still going to say G26. I don't think there's much comparison between the three (and I like Rugers!)

I don't know if I would agree with that, but certainly opinions vary.

I own an SR9c and I have had zero issues with it. To compare my wife has a G19 and my buddy has a G26. Nothing wrong with any of them, but to me the Ruger is much more comfortable to hold and shoot.

Hold all of the ones you are considering and see which fits you the best. Better yet if possible, shoot them.

Chris08110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Glock guys

Thank you for your help. Just curious what you like so much about your Glock. Also, do either of you have any experience with the conversion barrels. Looking at possibly going with the G23 in .40 cal and dropping in a 9mm conversion barrell. Thank you again for your posts. This is exactly what I was hoping to get.

Chris08110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    "I own an SR9c and I have had zero issues with it."

Darkshadow- How is the recoil in such a small frame and how well does it conceal? The LCP is snappy to the point that my hand hurts after 25 rounds at the range but I absolutely love that I can throw it in my back pocket and it feels like a wallet and nobody is the wiser. How is the SR9c and also what is a good price or place to shop. I've seen them anywhere from $400-550. Thanks again for all of the help!!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have an SR9 and I think they compare VERY favorably to a Glock. I've got lots of rounds down the pipe with no issues. The gun is thin, which helps concealment, too. Plus, 9mm ammo is cheap. You'd be good to go with any of those guns, but I chose an SR9 because it simply feels and shoots great, and it is not too hard to conceal the full size version. The SR9c would be even better. Btw, I also carry an LCP some of the time, and you are right, that sucker is the ultimate for concealment!

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    picture.php
    Also, if you can find one for the right price, a p239 is a kick @#$ CCW. Also look real hard at the Kel-Tec PF9, extremely concealable, accurate, inexpensive (around $280.00), and accepts weapon lights, lasers, all with the 9mm round. Check out nutnfancy's review of the Kel-Tec and you will see what I am talking about. I own one, and can carry it in the pocket of jacket, front pocket of my jeans, trousers, etc., as well as inside a blade tech iwb holster that lets me tuck my shirt over the gun. Truly an awesome piece.

Last edited:

Ringmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Having shot all three and more I'll stick with the SR9c. The Glocks don't fit my hand as well and the bore axis on the Springfield is too high. The Ruger just shoots where I point. YMMV.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    This isn't going to help but if your looking for something in the size of a SR9c or Glock 26 you really owe it to yourself to check out a M&P 9c. I just picked one up to CC and like you the LCP just was a little too snappy and with winter coming on, (heavier clothing) I wanted something with more penetration. All I can say after putting 300 rounds through it the first time out it's every bit as accurate as my full size M&P 9 and the perceived recoil is the same. It functioned flawlessly using a combination for factory, cast and plated hand loads. It's one of my better buys this year.

If your set on your choices I'd get the SR9c, picked the 2010 handgun of the year and it's American made!

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    "I own an SR9c and I have had zero issues with it."

Darkshadow- How is the recoil in such a small frame and how well does it conceal? The LCP is snappy to the point that my hand hurts after 25 rounds at the range but I absolutely love that I can throw it in my back pocket and it feels like a wallet and nobody is the wiser. How is the SR9c and also what is a good price or place to shop. I've seen them anywhere from $400-550. Thanks again for all of the help!!

I picked my sr9c up at Beech Grove Firearms for $419.00. They are currently on sale at Gander Mountain for 399.00, which about the cheapest I've seen one new.

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    I'll go ahead and say Glock 23. I have one and love it. That being said I don't have any experience with the others. I've shot a buddies full size XD and liked it but the Glock just feels so much better to me. Haven't used the 9mm conversion barrel but I've heard good things about it. Not positive but I remember hearing that it works a lot better if you change out the extractor too. It is easily concealable in my MTAC holster. Super comfortable too.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    G26 hands down. Ilove mine. Ive run it over a thousand rounds before cleaning and flawless function. 700rds over 2 days no flaws. Easy to work on. options like no tomarrow. Cant go wrong.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    1.) g26
    2.) SR9c
    3.) xd9sc

in that order. But honestly, any of three would be a great choice. Pick what you like and make sure you fondle all of them (and more if you get the chance). also OP, not sure what part of the state you are in, but if your southern (evansville or fairly close to), i'd be happy to let you try out my g26 if you want.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've not shot the SR9c, just fondled it at the store. It seems nice, would certainly be a very comfortable gun to carry and easy to conceal.

I LOVE the Glock 26. A very, very nice shooting gun for me, accurate, easy to shoot well, and lots of fun. It was an extremely nice gun to carry, easy to conceal for the one day I had the one I borrowed.

I really liked my XD9sc, but didn't find it a particularly easy gun to conceal. It's not a whole lot easier to conceal than the XD9 Service, frankly. It's bigger and heavier than the Glock 26. I would rather have a Glock 19 or XD9 Service if I were looking at a gun of this size.

Of your choices, if I were looking for a gun primarily for concealed carry I would be looking at the G26 or SR9c. Leaning heavily toward the Glock.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    It's all up to how they fit your hands. I personally don't care for the XD at all because it does seem to have a very high bore axis, which in turn makes it jump around a lot more in my hands. I really like my SR9c and absolutely recommend it because it does have a very low bore axis and a comfortable grip which make it very easy to keep on target for follow-up shots. That said, it'd be hard to go wrong with a G26, but I'd still go with the SR9c personally. I got mine for $389 within a week from when they started shipping them here in Lafayette.

Top Bottom