• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    I unfortunately may have to sell some of my guns and have no idea how much they would be worth is there a website or something that any of you know of that will help me figure out how much they are worth?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    you can go to gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, gunsamerica.com. just keep in mind what your seeing is a asking price not a selling price. usually take 10% off the asking prices you find on there and thats a ballpark of what it will sell for on ingo or similar sites

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I would check the online auctions first, Gunbroker.com, Auctionarms, GunsAmerica,etc.

Look, if possible, at guns that are comparable to yours, remember yours are used, and the three most important things about used guns, condition,condition, condition.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    How do I add in accessories for it?
    Same deal....search for the item on gunbroker, and expect to be able to get part of that.

In my experience, holsters don't hold value and tend to sell for ~50% of their new price, where magazines and optics tend to do a little better, maybe selling for 75-80% cost.

Keep in mind that if used isn't a better deal than new, people may not buy, but that for other not having to go through an FFL and the jump through the government's loops is worth money in itself.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well I may have to sell my rifle which has a red-dot 2x magnification scope, a laser, a sling and multiple magazines with it but I am completely new to this stuff. To tell the truth I don't want to sell it but I need a car and had found one I wanted but don't have the money for it. I would have just got a loan but my credit is terrible due to medical bills so I can't.

if the red dot, laser are a quality brand they will usually sell better on their own vs on the gun. if they are ncstar or similar they wont add any money either way. you might get 20ish bucks in the classifieds when you get enough posts

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    The previous advice is O.K. I have been collecting for over 40 years. For an idea of real life prices, Gunlist, a magazine like newspaper is more reliable than on-line auction sites. Most of the prices I see on those are a joke and those guys are just dreaming. You can price things 2 ways- to keep or to sell.....Just my experience of a lifetime....John

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Does anyone look at Bud's Gun Shop on-line at new prices, and then discount heavily for used or atleast based on condition?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    buds is a great place to go to find low new gun prices. its a good tool to have because if somone can pay 500 bucks and get it brand new they wont pay 475 for the gun used

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    buds is a great place to go to find low new gun prices. its a good tool to have because if somone can pay 500 bucks and get it brand new they wont pay 475 for the gun used

That is what I think. While Bud's prices are typically low, they are new, so it provides a very good starting point for valuing a used gun.

Top Bottom