• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The SureFire XH35 is ultra bright at 1,000 Lumens which is over 10x the lumens of the Stylus and is actually designed to survive being mounted to a firearm (which is 100% different than say carrying it around in a pocket all day and using it occasionally)

SureFire XH35 MasterFire Holster Weapon Light

So once this Stylus is mounted to the shotgun (Via Duct Tape??), I wonder how long that 90 lumen cheap pen light (the TLR-2 "old" version is 300 lumen BTW) will last under the relatively hard recoil impulse of the 12ga shotgun? Most actual weapon lights are expensive" because they have to survive being attached to a gun and undergoing the recoil impulse as well as being tossed in bags, carried around and generally being treated like garbage. I hope this gun does not serve any important purpose at all.
    Reasoning won’t work, he stopped at CHEAP! That light is worth more than the shotgun and all the tacticool doo-dads hanging off of it.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The sylus pro is a wicked bright flashlight, that is its sole purpose. I realized after i took it out that the sling was stupid idea, but id never shot a gun with one on it, and it was cheap as hell on ebay so i figured why not. Its no longer on the gun though. I may look into a laser mount to see what i can do with that. I have a tlr2 on another gun and its no brighter or more durable than the sylus, and for a cheap shotgun, the sylus will do what i need it to plus i have 3 of them.

Reasoning won’t work, he stopped at CHEAP! That light is worth more than the shotgun and all the tacticool doo-dads hanging off of it.

So I am trying to be helpful, and with some research and a little R&D I think I did it. I found this great "tactical adhesive" that is perfect for this application, rated to 150 degrees of continuous and occasionally all the way up to 200 degrees (which I figure is enough to handle the shotgun being fired a few times) this "tactical adhesive" even has "double thick adhesive" and is mildly weather resistant!! So I strapped up one of my flashlights to the end of my Mossberg 930 JM Pro using this "tactical adhesive" and swung the gun around a little bit. It was a little awkward activating the button and it did not seem ultra stable but I figure that will help the light absorb the big kick of the 12GA slugs. Overall for an investment of ~$5 (which is still EXPENSIVE at roughly ~33% of the cost of the light itself!!) I think it works pretty well and I even think I have enough of this magical "tactical adhesive" to mount a few more lights up this way making the total cost to mount each flashlight even CHEAPER!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-...ategy=PWBAB&visitor_id=RCQhW4M0V4-vGrRKGF-XjM

(here is a link to where to locally buy this "Tactical Adhesive"

eKkJQn9h.jpg

Here is my testing setup, will update if any new developments occur though I do think this case is closed as it seems to be rock solid :ingo:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So I am trying to be helpful, and with some research and a little R&D I think I did it. I found this great "tactical adhesive" that is perfect for this application, rated to 150 degrees of continuous and occasionally all the way up to 200 degrees (which I figure is enough to handle the shotgun being fired a few times) this "tactical adhesive" even has "double thick adhesive" and is mildly weather resistant!! So I strapped up one of my flashlights to the end of my Mossberg 930 JM Pro using this "tactical adhesive" and swung the gun around a little bit. It was a little awkward activating the button and it did not seem ultra stable but I figure that will help the light absorb the big kick of the 12GA slugs. Overall for an investment of ~$5 (which is still EXPENSIVE at roughly ~33% of the cost of the light itself!!) I think it works pretty well and I even think I have enough of this magical "tactical adhesive" to mount a few more lights up this way making the total cost to mount each flashlight even CHEAPER!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-...ategy=PWBAB&visitor_id=RCQhW4M0V4-vGrRKGF-XjM

(here is a link to where to locally buy this "Tactical Adhesive"

eKkJQn9h.jpg

Here is my testing setup, will update if any new developments occur though I do think this case is closed as it seems to be rock solid :ingo:
    Ok, I squirted a little pee! Off to the gun room to bubba up the Benelli!!!! I’ll trade you a Stylus Pro, and a $10 Burger King gift card for that light? I’ll also replace the Tactical Adhesive you used to mount it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ok, I squirted a little pee! Off to the gun room to bubba up the Benelli!!!! I’ll trade you a Stylus Pro, and a $10 Burger King gift card for that light? I’ll also replace the Tactical Adhesive you used to mount it.

I know what I am on to here! No way I trade it for so little , it's off to the patent office!!!!!

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Guess what, i made a mount at work today on the cnc (still needs paint). It works great, no one died, i can see stuff in the dark with it, and the only money spent was 49 cents on 2 set screws. Perfect. Its not near as nice (or expensive) as that sweet ass duct tape job but it holds the light solid on the pump. Funny, yall shat all over my idea (which wasnt why i started the thread in the first place, was just tryin to find a mount) yet it still worked out. Weird.

Attachments

• DB46CB07-1187-4927-91D6-BC586230C807.jpg
      DB46CB07-1187-4927-91D6-BC586230C807.jpg
      41 KB · Views: 25

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Guess what, i made a mount at work today on the cnc (still needs paint). It works great, no one died, i can see stuff in the dark with it, and the only money spent was 49 cents on 2 set screws. Perfect. Its not near as nice (or expensive) as that sweet ass duct tape job but it holds the light solid on the pump. Funny, yall shat all over my idea (which wasnt why i started the thread in the first place, was just tryin to find a mount) yet it still worked out. Weird.

Wow OP delivered, I applaud the resolve at least. Let us know how the light holds up after even 50 or so rounds downrange with the shotgun.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Maverick 88 $49.95
    all kinda eBay cheap trash goodies for Maverick $17.99
    getting outta mom’s basement long enough to show those internet bullies I can make a bigger fool of myself...PRICELESS!

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

Wow OP delivered, I applaud the resolve at least. Let us know how the light holds up after even 50 or so rounds downrange with the shotgun.
    Took it out after work today. 100 rnds of 2 3/4 target load and zero issues. Its mounted to the fore grip so it doesnt seem to take any of the shock from the blast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Took it out after work today. 100 rnds of 2 3/4 target load and zero issues. Its mounted to the fore grip so it doesnt seem to take any of the shock from the blast.

W
    vigilant- usually come out long enough to go to work and pork your old lady, then i come back. Also Wtf is wecsog?
    If you weren’t so busy trying to make things into something they aren’t to save a penny you would have read the definition of WECSOG in the same ****ing post genius? As to the hit at my wife, better save some more pennies, she’s a little higher maintenance than you’re probably used to.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    If you weren’t so busy trying to make things into something they aren’t to save a penny you would have read the definition of WECSOG in the same ****ing post genius? As to the hit at my wife, better save some more pennies, she’s a little higher maintenance than you’re probably used to.
    i didnt make anything something it wasnt, i took a good working light, put it on a good working gun, therefore i have gun with a light on it. It worked out exactly like i intetended and showed no sign of failure after actual live ammo testing. It was never my intention to reinvent the wheel here or to be engaged in a battle of dim-whits in the internet. As for the shot at your lady (or man), a cheap shot taken (moms basement) is a cheap shot received.

Like i mentioned before, i have nice toys with equally nice attatchments. This isnt one of them. This is a range/farm toy and will probably never be used to protect anything but my barns from ground hogs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK......This ends.

I read the entire thread. OP.....you need to chill. You were getting good reasoned responses to which I agree.
    The name calling started on your end. Any more of this and there will be some time in the corner.
    One more personal comment about a spouse and your access to the playground will be cancelled.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom