• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My Buddy's One year anniversary is coming up and his Girlfriend (also a good friend of mine) asked my for help finding a knife for him. So i'm posting up to get ingo's opinion.

Here are a few rough notes i was able to drag out of her on what she is looking toward.

-First, her max price is 100 dollars (but she is planning on getting it engraved so leaning more towards the 80 buck range).
    -She wants a fixed blade.
    -She wants it to be "old school pretty" (i'm guessing that means wood or scrimshaw/imitation handle and a classic finish as apposed to G-10 or Micarta and powder coating)

any ideas?

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have a thing for the french style Laguiole knives. Hard part is a combination of price and quality. Laguiole is a city who's name was never trademarked to a maker so quality of a "laquiole" knife varies vastly.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    You can never go wrong with a Case knife. USA made and they have great customer service and they will stand behind their product as well.
    It is also the most collectible knife in history.:D If it is going to be etched then can I assume it will not be used. :dunno:
    Just my :twocents:

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    You can never go wrong with a Case knife. USA made and they have great customer service and they will stand behind their product as well.
    It is also the most collectible knife in history.:D If it is going to be etched then can I assume it will not be used. :dunno:
    Just my :twocents:

Just throw my 2 cents about Case. My dad had an issue with his well used Case folder he carries daily. Sent it in to Case recently and they completely rebuilt it. Basically sent him back a new knife. I'm not real sure what they used from his original even, it looks that good.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    OK. I am pretty 'new' here. and certainly don't claim to be any "knife expert". But I have a small collection, and have been buying and using quality knives (especially fixed blades), for years.

Here's my suggestion.... and it is actually the next knife I will be purchasing for myself, as well.

BOKER 'Pine Creek Wood"

* designed by Jerry Lairson
    * tapered tang
    * Stainless 3 5/8" blade (7 1/2" OAL)
    * ebony handle scales
    * includes leather sheath

These are available thru knifecenter.com ..... for $53.95 plus shipping. Excellent knife for the casual 'collector' or anyone who wants a great knife for using.... Top shelf quality. :yesway:

Here's a link....

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=BO02BA701G

Last edited:
    Top Bottom