• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    It looks like the rifle he's ordered is pretty top notch. https://www.rifledynamics.com/rifles-1

The Galil is a great option but I don't know if it would be an improvement...besides he wants an AK and there's nothing wrong with that.

The inaccuracy claims for the AK are overblown (and a myth). Even a cheap Yugo will give up 3MOA which is definite minute of bad guy at 300 yds. The bullets obviously not going to give you much beyond that but it was never designed to.
    I’m not arguing that it is a bad rifle, would just argue that for the price of brass cased 7.62x39, the use of an AK74 kit and 5.56 barrel would make things a lot easier on OP, it would give the look of an AK47 with the 30cpr of brass case 223. Conversely the galil would be a great option considering it is the (arguably) best AKM design out there.

either way, welcome to the darkside and stay away from winchester 7.62x39

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I don't have an AK but I use all brass Geco ammo in my SKS with good results. It is non-magnetic and boxer primed (non-corrosive), which is good for me since I reload.

Ron

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    remember this stuff? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...en-crate-200&usg=AOvVaw3ixGBU8alzIx0SX9B6hIg1 it shot great and seemed a little hotter than the rest but it was corrosive. last time i saw it for sale it was about 500$ a case. i have a few cases collecting dust that i paid $190 a case with and without stripper clips.:ar15:

I still have a bunch of that along with a bunch of Chinese copper-washed steel core. Both are corrosive, but I always sprayed down the bore, bolt, and op rod with Windex at the end of every range session.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    remember this stuff? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...en-crate-200&usg=AOvVaw3ixGBU8alzIx0SX9B6hIg1 it shot great and seemed a little hotter than the rest but it was corrosive. last time i saw it for sale it was about 500$ a case. i have a few cases collecting dust that i paid $190 a case with and without stripper clips.:ar15:
    At the January 2001 Indy 1500 a dealer had tons of Yugo 7.62X39 for $79 a case. I passed on the deal because, I just had heart surgery so, I couldn't carry a case to the car. Later I ordered two cases from Sportsman's Guide for $210 shipped.

Top Bottom