• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Have you asked your wife which feels better. I had figured when my wife first started shooting that she would have prefered the smaller pistols. Turned out she likes the full size better. Says she can get a better grip on them. She does like my SR9C with the 17 round mag but prefers the old P89.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Get a SR9c and you will not regret it. Just got done installing some galloway parts in it and it made it even better:rockwoot:. Getting ready to order some more to complete the package. The long trigger pull turned me off on the LC9. Jim

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    It depends on a couple things in my opinion..

Fit in the hand - the LC9 is much more compact as it is a Single Stack and typically referred to as a contender for pocket carry. The SR9c is essentially a service-sized firearm in terms of WIDTH making it less concealable, regardless the shorter grip and barrel. However it isn't too incredibly thick, it does make a difference.

I guess you could refer to it as Nutnfancy's POU (Philosophy of Use) to determine where to go from here =). But for me I much prefer my PM9 over any of the other good fitting IWB-able guns I've owned (XD40, XD9, G23, G19)

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    getting my wife a gun to cary , what does everyone like a sr9c or a lc9 ?

I have an LC9 and like it a lot. However your wife may not agree. It kicks a little different. The SR9c is more like my Glock 26 in size and shape. She may prefer it better. My wife ended up with the Ruger LCR. She felt that she could handle it better and it is a little more forgiving. She want more resistance at the trigger than the semi's offered. It did add another ammo size to account for, but I am glad we went that way.

kevinm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown
    we are going to the gun shop in the next few days , i let her hold my glock 23, pt140 pro and she like the size of the pt 140 . it going to be up to her But i would love for her to get a LCR . thanks all

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    My :twocents:, the sr9c I've played around with as well as the sr9 I used to carry seems tough to chamber compared to my glock.

Now I don't know how it is compared to the LC9 but that's something to consider. I know my gf would not be able to chamber an sr9c.

Something to think about! :ingo:

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    Just bought an LC9 2 days before Christmas and love it. I like its size for ccing. With the finger extension it fits my hand beautifully, Was shooting on Christmas eve and it extremely accurate for such a small gun.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I would definitely let her decide which fits her better. My opinion, as I have both, is that if she has room to carry the SR9c, then go for it as it is easier to shoot, holds more, etc. The LC9 is also great, but definitely shines because it can go places the SR9c cannot. It is more difficult to shoot and has a long trigger pull.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I second the thought from GOHARD about chambering - it's pretty stiff. (wow lot of entendres in that whole chain o thought). My wife is timid about racking the slide on my sr9c - but has no problem my other handguns

Best to actually let her shoot whatever you are looking for - or go the buy 1 - sell it in classifieds - buy another...

Top Bottom