• BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Not to Hijack the post or anything but I have a 22lr sniper rifle, every rabbit I kill in the back yard is a head shot made from a window :laugh: Also i've only owned a 700 /308 so my input is limited on long range .Starting to stick some $ back for a 6.5 Grendal though .For my semi auto "assault rifle"

Last edited:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thanks for the clarification. This is my competition rifle set up in .308 for shooting out to 1000 yrds. It is a 40X action and a 30 inch 1X13 Kreiger, Palma taper barrel. Iron sights and a sling.

Somehow, I don't think the OP asked about one of these. :):

Don't mind me, I'm just having some fun with the "tactical" description. Maybe if I hang a flashlight on the side of it??

23sbtro.jpg

Spray that thing three matte colors, slap a scope half the length of the barrel on it with no less than 3 tall adjustment knobs and this thing is tactical. Nice rifle by the way.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    My vote is go for a Savage, there are a lot of good rifles out there, but you get a lot of bang for the buck with a Savage. And as an added note, I looked up the definition of the word "Tactical" and this is what I came up with {supporting other military objective: undertaken or for use in support of other military and naval operations.}, so basically any weapon could be considered "Tactical". In my honest opinion, I think the word "Tactical" is a marketing tool.

Top Bottom