• ...and so much more!
  • m39fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Owen County
    Hi everyone,
    As many of you know, my daughter has had a rough way to go over the last 7-8 months. She's been in and out of Riley many times and has to have weekly transfusions. Long story short, the medical bills have us in the red.

I had sold the firearms I had at the house already but recently had returned a rifle I was selling on payments to a friend. Now I need to put it up for sale and am not sure where to price it at.

It is a Centurian 99 with a FA91 receiver. All springs have been replaced with Wolff, the rifle has been Duracoated in Urban Camo (nice job, not by me) and the rear sight swapped out for a H&K drum sight. It also has a good quality Aimpoint clone on it. I know many do not like these rifles due to the odd receiver or the "Century Monkeys" who built many of them. That said, this one has been 100% and is more accurate than my buddy's pricier US made clone. The rifle will come with several mags, a tactical sling, leather sling and german cleaning kit.

Speaking of the mags, I have around a hundred. Most are alloy, a few steel with H&K being the primary manufacturer. I was thinking of putting 10 mags with the rifle and selling the rest separately.

Any ideas on what I should be asking for the rifle with 10 mags? For the rest of the mags? ANY assistance would be appreciated as we REALLY need to get this sold.

TIA,
    Mike

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Cant help you with that particular version of the rifle but i would guess somewhere right above a thousand....

the mags will typically sell for 3-5 dollars apiece if the are the milsurp type....
    others will be of way more assistance than me.

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i have seen a few people asking for more than $1000 on some other boards. start a little high and go down from there.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The Centurion 99's are great rifles. Prices have been all over.

Most non-G3 guys are ignorant to the HK-91 / G3 platform and unfortunately lump the crappy Hesse/vulcan receivers with the quality Federal ones that century used.

Century has had it's days and platforms. The C-99 aka your FA91 had some very good production years. I love mine. Not as pretty as my PTR-91 but just as reliable, which is to say 100%.

Prices are hard to call honestly, I traded one strait up to member here several months back for a NIB Yugo underfolder. At the time the Centurions were running about a grand and the Yugos also a grand. Now... all bets are off, you could walk into a gun show and find someone willing to pay 1,500. Or you could sit on it because CDNN is running another PTR91 sale like last month and NIB PTR's were 1,100 (obviously plus shipping ect. ect.).

Honestly check gun broker to get a online pulse and, best bet, sell it at a gun show. You should get at least a solid 1k for it at a show.

ALso I'm not including the value of any accessories either. Aluminium mags are a dime a dozen (4 bucks each or less when bought in bulk), the Hk stamp doesn't really matter on them vs the FMP. Steel mags run about 10 each.

Good luck with your daughter. Several years back I was up against a wall while my father in law passed away after a long battle with cancer. I added up my collection at the time (about a dozen guns) and realized I was only putting my finger in the dyke. Consider bankruptcy. In that situation there is no shame in it what so ever.

As Tyler Durdan would say "you are not your credit rating".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom