Need help With an 8-12 min. demostration Speech topic.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    im thinking either Disassemble, inspect, and re-assemble of the engine off my RC car.

Demonstrating the multitude of splints (torture devices) that were used on me while in the hospital for my burns.

Maybe disassemble, clean, oil, and reassemble the bolt out of my stag if my teacher is ok with me carrying a piece of metal out of one of those evil death machines. but ive never had one apart before.

I had a speech class last semester but it was too much to handle with my class load. that demo speech was on dissasembly, cleaning, oiling, and reassembly of the bolt out of my 91/30. that one only had to be 3-5 minutes though.

throw some other suggestions out there guys and gals. im open to anything. i LOVE taking stuff apart. this one has to be 8-12 minutes long. Thanks :ingo:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Demonstrating the multitude of splints (torture devices) that were used on me while in the hospital for my burns.
    I'd say this would be a winner.
    It's a subject that you're very familiar with and will not need many, if any, notes to refresh your memory.
    I've done a fair amount of public speaking and training.
    The success of your presentation is usually directly proportional to your knowledge of the subject matter. ;)
    Mike

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i did a lamp. but i only had to kill 4-5 minutes.... i think i got 4:33 out of it... now you could add more fluff and stuff to it to make it last that long but im not sure how much more fluff you can add before its pointless.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    I'd say this would be a winner.
    It's a subject that you're very familiar with and will not need many, if any, notes to refresh your memory.
    I've done a fair amount of public speaking and training.
    The success of your presentation is usually directly proportional to your knowledge of the subject matter. ;)
    Mike
    Thanks for the input Mike! im leaning towards that one myself. i will have to ask my teacher if i can demonstrate more than one thing. i could also eat up some time by telling how i got burnt.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Wow, mine only has to be 3-4 minutes! Go Ivy Tech 8 week courses! Good luck! I hate speeches, can't wait to get this class over with...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Wow, mine only has to be 3-4 minutes! Go Ivy Tech 8 week courses! Good luck! I hate speeches, can't wait to get this class over with...

thats where i went. i had the head of the speach department... he was easy, but a good teacher at the same time. the only reason i passed is because i did speaches on different subjects instead of the examples he used to tell us what we were to be doing... otherwise i should still be in that class 6 years later!

kybares

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I did mine on changing a spare tire onto your car. The teacher liked all the props too. Just dig into your trunk, pull out the spare tire, lug wrench, and jack. Everybody ate it up as most people had never given it much thought. You can easily eat up the time talking about safety, placement of the car on level surface, jack placement, flashers. Which way to turn the wrench, how high to jack it.......... this should come easy for you, which will make you comfortable. You'll look and feel like an ace, and get the appropriate grade. Hope it helps.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i would go with the splints from your burns. the key is capturing the audience and keeping their attention. you'll definitely get their attention from a personal experience at the burn ward.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Don't focus on the amount of time you have to speak. It goes by very quickly when you talk on a subject you are knowledgeable/passionate about.
    Talk to the Prof and see if take down and cleaning a weapon would be ok. Yea, I know you can't bring them into a school, BUT... you can make a killer power point presentation with lots of pics. Bring in the cleaning supplies, heck you could talk 10 minutes on why you use this cleaner over the others. Here's your intro - Why you enjoy shooting sports and RESPONSIBLE gun owners take care of their tools after shooting with a thorough cleaning. Good luck.

Top Bottom