• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm trying to convert an AVI file to a format that will be reconized by a DVD player. I looked in my owners manual, and it said MPEG4 was a recognized format. I converted the file, and my DVD player will not recognize it. I'm using Windows Media Player to burn the file to the disk. Any help would be appreciated.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I used to record TV shows and use, um, something, maybe it was Roxio or somesuch (names don't stick to my brain) that would write DVDs that pretty much any player would read from my fancy (at the time) DVD writer. It was only $30-40, so for its purpose I didn't consider it excessive. You should be able to find its equivalent. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to cheap out.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    DVD's use MPEG2 compression. MPEG 4 came out much later and uses a variety of compression codecs (AAC, H264, Apple Lossless). Your DVD player is probably not compatible with whatever codec your using.

You really need something like Roxio easy DVD creator for that. I used to have it and it always worked very well. It creates a MPEG 2 (regular) DVD with title screen and everything. Much easier.

Top Bottom