• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I think this is more of an indictment against the ridiculous amounts of money required to run a campaign. What an enormous waste of resources. Many times a candidate will be in debt after a campaign. Who was the tea party lady that sunk a fortune into a California gubernatorial campaign? It was her money, but it is essentially wasted. I will say though, I have never seen one grovel via email.

slars1327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    SPEEDWAY AREA
    You have to admit.......These folks got a lot a balls...........They have no shame for anything at anytime. As far as they are concerned the public is something that owes them a living because he / she was in a position of power over you. things will never change when it comes to politics.....they all have thier handout .........:twocents:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I don't follow thier lifestyles, they don't appear to be destitute. Sounds like the usual con job along with the typical pay to play promise.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I think this is more of an indictment against the ridiculous amounts of money required to run a campaign. What an enormous waste of resources. Many times a candidate will be in debt after a campaign. Who was the tea party lady that sunk a fortune into a California gubernatorial campaign? It was her money, but it is essentially wasted. I will say though, I have never seen one grovel via email.

There was an article in Time, one of last month's issues I think, about how much is being spent on campaigns. And she outspent presidential candidates by an assload. And she still lost.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ok so other then this being a totally stupid idea. how can one say they need donations to pay off debt & then in the same breath say they will fly the winner to new york. yes the clintons have mega bucks, but why spend your own money when there are sucker's out there.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    ok so other then this being a totally stupid idea. how can one say they need donations to pay off debt & then in the same breath say they will fly the winner to new york. yes the clintons have mega bucks, but why spend your own money when there are sucker's out there.

Because you can get more suckers to give if they think they might have a chance at winning the trip.

From Clinton's perspective: Spend $25k (high estimate if they fly first class, 5start hotel, etc.) for a trip to NYC to meet Bill,, with the chance that they can raise a cool $250,000 (an assumption) towards the debt. Pretty good ROI if you ask me.

Fromt he Donator's perspective: My $5 give might result in me winning the $25k trip to NYC to meet a celebrity, and can brag to all my friends about later. Pretty good bang for the buck.

In the end, there will be 4 winners: The Clinton's and the lucky couple to go to NYC on the Clinton's dime. There will be 1000's of losers that have been coaxed into paying someone elses debt that deep down really didn't need the help.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Because you can get more suckers to give if they think they might have a chance at winning the trip.

From Clinton's perspective: Spend $25k (high estimate if they fly first class, 5start hotel, etc.) for a trip to NYC to meet Bill,, with the chance that they can raise a cool $250,000 (an assumption) towards the debt. Pretty good ROI if you ask me.

Fromt he Donator's perspective: My $5 give might result in me winning the $25k trip to NYC to meet a celebrity, and can brag to all my friends about later. Pretty good bang for the buck.

In the end, there will be 4 winners: The Clinton's and the lucky couple to go to NYC on the Clinton's dime. There will be 1000's of losers that have been coaxed into paying someone elses debt that deep down really didn't need the help.

Yeah, but wouldn't an ordinary Joe have to have a license or some other such government approval to operate a scheme like this? I know of some old codgers that were being hassled playing euchre at a local water hole for putting in a quarter a game. The quarters all went to the store owner for rent so to speak.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, but wouldn't an ordinary Joe have to have a license or some other such government approval to operate a scheme like this? I know of some old codgers that were being hassled playing euchre at a local water hole for putting in a quarter a game. The quarters all went to the store owner for rent so to speak.

I'm sure Bill and Hillary, what with them being Lawyers and all, as well as with thier connections in DC, have all the "I's" dotted and "t's" crossed on thier scheme. Kinda like that savings and loan thing they were into all those years ago. ;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not a gambler so I don't know the legality of these things. IIRC, raffles are even regulated to some degree. I would think this would be similar. I'd imagine the organization that is running this has taken care of that though.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm not a gambler so I don't know the legality of these things. IIRC, raffles are even regulated to some degree. I would think this would be similar. I'd imagine the organization that is running this has taken care of that though.

You are right. Raffles and other "Games of chance" are highly regulated, although I think they are typically regulated by the State's gaming commission and not the Fed. So, Billary probably needs to have some sort of New York state gaming license and in some dark corner of the website, probably the legal jargon covering his arse.

I also think that is why a lot of contest have the "No purchase necessary" clause in the fine print, so they can get around the gaming requirements.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Originally Posted by Arthur Dent
    And she outspent presidential candidates by an assload. And she still lost.

How do you measure that? :D

That's easy. Did you ever see her from the back?:n00b:

I have tried to avoid looking at her at all. I have always been afraid that if I looked at her for longer than a couple of seconds I would turn to stone.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have tried to avoid looking at her at all. I have always been afraid that if I looked at her for longer than a couple of seconds I would turn to stone.
    After looking at that turning to stone may be a blessing. You wouldn't have to worry about accidentally seeing it any more.

Top Bottom