• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    Just got a dillon 550b, and im gonna start with 9mm.

Just ordered 100 berrys 124g RN bullets
    Gonna get either Titegroup, W231, or Unique
    CCI Primers

Anyone got any reloading date for this setup?
    Thanks

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Lyman's, Lee Modern Reloading are 2 fine manuals. Always a good idea to have at least 2 to compare load data. Also powder manufactures websites have very reliable load data.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Hodgdon has loads on their site for their powders. And titegroup should have the common ones on its label.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I use 124gr over 4.4gr of Winchester 231 & CCI primer. 1.130 OAL. Good range ammo.

5.2 grains for Power Pistol which is also a good powder for 9mm. Much more forgiving than TiteGroup.

TiteGroup is a good powder, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to a new reloader.
    It has a very narrow margin for error in weight... a couple tenths too high to too low can make a big difference
    ,plus it has a low charge weight, so you can mistakenly double charge it and the case won't overflow

Power Pistol however is a higher volume powder and will overflow the case if double charged making a critical mistake easy to spot.
    It also has very wide high to low charge weights so if you are off a few tenths, it's not quite as big of a deal as with TiteGroup.
    It also meters well.

The 550 is a great press! Enjoy!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Could you give me more detail on your recipe and load data

I will give my load for reference only. You should start with minimum and work up to find your own ideal load.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (redacted until I recheck load logs)
    1150fps. This is a hotter load and should only be used for reference.

As was mentioned above, TiteGroup is a low charge weight powder and works great and is cost effective but there is a very tight tolerance on charge weight .

Last edited:

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    Get two loading manuals and read them
    go to the powder company's web site
    100 bullets is not even a range trip worth--order 1000
    I would look for slower powders, as they tend to give me better accuracy in my 9mm's

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I use 124gr over 4.4gr of Winchester 231 & CCI primer. 1.130 OAL. Good range ammo.

5.2 grains for Power Pistol which is also a good powder for 9mm. Much more forgiving than TiteGroup.

TiteGroup is a good powder, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to a new reloader.
    It has a very narrow margin for error in weight... a couple tenths too high to too low can make a big difference
    ,plus it has a low charge weight, so you can mistakenly double charge it and the case won't overflow

Power Pistol however is a higher volume powder and will overflow the case if double charged making a critical mistake easy to spot.
    It also has very wide high to low charge weights so if you are off a few tenths, it's not quite as big of a deal as with TiteGroup.
    It also meters well.

The 550 is a great press! Enjoy!

Listen to this guy...he's giving you VERY good advice.

With that said, don't get too excited until you find some powder...ANY powder, to load 9mm with.

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I just finished loading 9mm 115gr 1090fps with 4.4gn AA#2 with OAL 1.1 crimp .377. I also use it for a steel plate load 100gr 1194 #2 4.4 gn OAL 1.050 crimp .377. AA#2 meters great and very clean with low smoke. If you need powder, I have (3) 1lb Power Pistol and 1 Bullseye just send a pm if interested $30/lb.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom