• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Was the old gas bushing the same i.d. as the new one? It makes me wonder if the previous owner had put in a bushing that was too small to allow wolf ammo to properly cycle the action.

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    The bushing I put in was the same size as the one I took out, it was a factory part. The bushing I.D. would possibly play a part in the action but I am unsure as to how much. As long as the bushing I.D. is the same size or bigger than the port hole coming out of the barrel I don't think it would make that big of a difference since it is very short distance to the gas piston pipe. I shot wolf ammo through mine with no problems after I put in the new gas piston pipe and bushing. I will post up a pic of my old gas pipe so everyone can see how bad of shape it was in.
    I only replaced the bushing because it was $0.99 and easily changeable since I was already disassembling the gas block. Btw, it is very important that the gas block be tightly mounted to the barrel, it is vital to the operation of the rifle.

Terry

Top Bottom