• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    does anybody know if the gun is supposed to eject the hulls or just extract them? I am not sure, the gun was made some time before 1940 because some one engrave there name on it my grandfather told me that what people did if they were giving the gun away as a gift not sure who made it, so if you know that would be really nice too thank you. sorry i forgot to mention the gun is a over under 12 gauge with 30 inch barrels, i think it has a cast receiver, a safety on the sear box behind the release lever, and it has no space between the barrels. i think it might be a marlin model 90 but i don't know how to tell for sure, again think you for looking

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    From the schematic, it has an extractor. Pre 1949 models don't have a gap between the barrels. 1949 and on have the gap. From what I've seen, Marlin Model 90 is correct. Pre 1954 should have double trigger. Not 100% positive but I don't believe that it is an automatic safety.

It looks to be a gun sold by Sears. I found a post mentioning that it was sold by Sears as a Ranger 103.xxx pre-WW2, post WW2 it would most likely be marked J.C. Higgins (but it is the same gun as the Marlin model 90). Marlin manufactured the Model 90 from 1937-1960-ish but were sold until 1963. With there being no gap between the barrels, we know it was pre-1949. If someone has the Marlin book and you can find other markings, they might be able to narrow the year down a little more.

I saw a few online auctions that had completed auctions, it is a nice looking shotgun. From the reviews it should be a nice shooter too.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    thank you i wasn't sure if it was functioning correctly, it does have have the double triggers, im pretty sure its a least a 1940 or before gun by the markings in elctro pencil and lacks the space between the barrel as you said, it does shoot very well and will be getting a new set of wood (its a kinda of rough) soon when i get home to work on it i have. Ive certainly fell in love with it. get one if you can, i will try to get pics of it this week

Top Bottom