NEED HELP - Wylde 16" SS AR15 won't cycle - won't budge!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Run a wire in gas block hole and check how deep it goes.....into the gas tube or not.

OKAY I took the gas block off and yes there is a roll pin, HOWEVER I blow into the end of the tube and it doesn't go through! Now wonder all around the hole and even inside the block/brace there is dirt and powder residue.

Shouldn't it fairly easily blow through like a straw? I cant blow through it at all! Can I assume the only way to put anything through it/clean it would be to hammer out the roll pin? Then maybe a wire/hanger or something?

I'll wait for your alls advice thank you everyone.

What Hookeye said. Also take the tube out of the block to check it out. Run wire both ways down tube as well if you blow through it and no air comes out. Might have a bad gas block too.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sounds like you guys are on it.
    This is why I am always skeptical of AR builds, and buying at Gun shows from people you don't know or may never see again.

Or from Century Arms. I got a real lemon off them 20 years ago on a CETME. Ended up selling it as parts kit because they didn't fix it on two returns and my year warranty ran out. So i took it to a gunsmith the barrel was shot, the chamber he said looked like someone tried to grind it smooth. It would cost more than what its worth to get a new barrel and have it put in. I haven't bought a rifle from them since.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Somewhere around here I have a stainless barrel (appears to be Olympic Arms). Gun show special. Turns out it was one of the Sarco "small defect" specials. The gas hole in the barrel is off location radially about .040 or so. Required some creative work on the front sight base to get it to function. And not cant the sight.

I think you nailed your problem. Defective gas tube.

BTW, gnarly barrel fluting. That was a LOT of mill work.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Or from Century Arms. I got a real lemon off them 20 years ago on a CETME. Ended up selling it as parts kit because they didn't fix it on two returns and my year warranty ran out. So i took it to a gunsmith the barrel was shot, the chamber he said looked like someone tried to grind it smooth. It would cost more than what its worth to get a new barrel and have it put in. I haven't bought a rifle from them since.

Which of course is why Century Arms has such a bad reputation.
    It seems like anything they touch turns to :poop:

kisskollector

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2020
    CLARKSVILLE
    SOLVED! - NO ROLL PIN! Thanks everyone. I looked with a flashlight yesterday and I thought it was a black roll pin in there, plus I couldn't see through the hole. After soaking the end assembly overnight in bore cleaner, I cleaned it off and the tube pulled right out with a slight tug. It had jammed forward quite a bit, and had residue all around it, somewhat locking it in there.

Appreciate everyone's help greatly! Thanks a ton.

Pin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    SOLVED! - NO ROLL PIN! Thanks everyone. I looked with a flashlight yesterday and I thought it was a black roll pin in there, plus I couldn't see through the hole. After soaking the end assembly overnight in bore cleaner, I cleaned it off and the tube pulled right out with a slight tug. It had jammed forward quite a bit, and had residue all around it, somewhat locking it in there.

Appreciate everyone's help greatly! Thanks a ton.

Good to hear you found a solution!

Top Bottom