Need ideas for a good yard "warning" sign...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I've been wanting to get a yard sign that I can post near the entrance to our property that lets the occasional visitors know that the property is well protected. We are a little secluded where our property sits, and while we don't have lots of people we don't know come over, there is sometimes people that will comment that they didn't know there was a house "back here". People like the pizza delivery guy (I go pick up the pizzas now), or just the general folks that you don't know too well...

I don't want anything that makes me look like a nut - and I don't want anything that is so cryptic that the non-gun person wouldn't understand it. I'm thinking about buying the standard round Glock tin sign, and mounting that to one of the fence posts near our entrance. I expect most people know what a Glock is, and that should do the trick.

And then I was thinking about some more specific signs at other more secluded spots around the property. Placed in other locations where a normal neighbor or friend would not be approaching the house. These would be the more specific "don't come here uninvited" type signs.

Or maybe some door/window stickers?

Looking for ideas. What do you use, or what have you seen that you like? I do have at least one neighbor that might be a little "gun averse", so I'm not wanting the signs to be huge, or overly threatening. And we also want our non-prepper friends to feel welcome and not nervous... Any ideas?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I've been wanting to get a yard sign that I can post near the entrance to our property that lets the occasional visitors know that the property is well protected.

Any ideas?

How about a beware of dog sign? That way people are warned not to come, but are NOT warned you have guns (unless you want to solicit break-ins). Or a simple huge No Trespassing sign?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    whatever you do decide to do, dont make the sign a billboard saying "guns inside". lets be honest.. you can have all the security you want, but when everyone leaves for the morning tasks, all your protection does you no good.

personally. i want my house to look like the rest of them on the block, while still offering security features that one would not typically expect. IE: double dead-bolts, metal doors with wood grain painted on em, window blockers, etc)

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    A Glock sign might also tell someone that you have things worth stealing when your not home. I would recommend buying some signs for any of the big security companies and putting those up.

walterwhiting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Berwick, Maine
    Don't advertise. Just put up no trespassing signs. Advertising you have weapons only draws attention and makes you more of a target. Let the bad guys be surprised when they try something. Same with gun stickers on your vehicle. Too many cases where honest law abiding citizens have been stopped and searched because of a bumper sticker.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Here is the one that I had made, works well.

th_04-12-09_1410.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I've been wanting to get a yard sign that I can post near the entrance to our property that lets the occasional visitors know that the property is well protected. We are a little secluded where our property sits, and while we don't have lots of people we don't know come over, there is sometimes people that will comment that they didn't know there was a house "back here". People like the pizza delivery guy (I go pick up the pizzas now), or just the general folks that you don't know too well...

I don't want anything that makes me look like a nut - and I don't want anything that is so cryptic that the non-gun person wouldn't understand it. I'm thinking about buying the standard round Glock tin sign, and mounting that to one of the fence posts near our entrance. I expect most people know what a Glock is, and that should do the trick.

And then I was thinking about some more specific signs at other more secluded spots around the property. Placed in other locations where a normal neighbor or friend would not be approaching the house. These would be the more specific "don't come here uninvited" type signs.

Or maybe some door/window stickers?

Looking for ideas. What do you use, or what have you seen that you like? I do have at least one neighbor that might be a little "gun averse", so I'm not wanting the signs to be huge, or overly threatening. And we also want our non-prepper friends to feel welcome and not nervous... Any ideas?

You might consider posting one of these:

german-shepherd-snarling-and-showing-teeth.jpg

:dunno:

It would make the point, though a sign is typically much cheaper to maintain.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I agree with the canine themed signs. Burglars, even the meth heads, do not like large dogs. The sign should have a GSD or Rottweiler silhouette on the sign. Some "Rottweiler Parking Only" signs will add to the impression. Of course, it would be best if you actually HAD a large guard dog, then people would see it in the yard and know not to drop in unannounced.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom