• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    My AR build is coming along. I have received this...
    **BLEM** 20" RXA15 BULL SS UPPER

I bought the non blemished version. I underestimated the weight of this upper. I will mostly be bench shooting with this AR. I would like to also use the rifle unsupported. My issue is the round hand guard. Are there any accessories avail to mount a rail, for a bipod or hand guard, to this? I was told there also might be gas blocks that come with a rail mounted underneath. I could use some recommendations. I thought about mounting a stud and going from there; however, I am not sold on that idea.
    I am impressed with the redxarms upper. The upper, left handed BCG and charging handle cost me $460.00 shipped. I thought it was a decent price.
    Am I correct in thinking that a regular picatinny rail would have to modified, rounded, to fit tightly onto the round hand guard?
    The gas block fits a .936 bull barrel.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Find a machinist/gunsmith to drill and tap for a Magpul MOE rail section and epoxy it in place for strength (they could also concave the rail a touch). Or you can find a 2 piece Weaver rail section (just need 1 section of course) that has a slight curve, something that fits a Savage with a round receiver or the front of a Remington 700. Something close. Just remember, 5 minute Epoxy works wonders for strength.

Or, if you're feeling frisky and have a drill, bit, correct tap (I believe 10-32), and a machine thread sling swivel, you can give it a try yourself. You just need a stud on the rail to run a bipod adapter on it.

Guess it depends too what bipod you have at the moment.

I wouldn't go for a gas block mount, keeping the barrel free float and such

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Change out the handguard to one with a rail on it and get one with ventilation. Solid handguards tend to get a bit warm if you run them out at all. That's the reason I went to the ventilated ones.
    Free float is a plus and I try to stick with them.
    It's probably going to be as cheap to change to a light weight FF guard as it would be to take it to a machinist.
    You're really limited as to what you have right now.

Top Bottom