• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    One of my buddies called me today asking about an AR made by ATI that he is looking to buy. I have no experience with their rifles and am needing feedback, good and bad, to pass along to him. Thanks in advance.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I have not heard many good things about ATI. Cheap, over-priced parts that usually break or come apart on users not too mention very poor customer service.

spend the money on a BCM or Colt AR. Especially with prices where they are now. You can get a Colt AR for under $1000.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Never shot their AR, but I used to own a GSG-5 made by ATI. It was extremely picky on ammo. I had a magazine that literally fell apart while I was shooting... it was the magazine that it came with. I bought a couple of aftermarket mags for it and they worked just fine. It was a fun gun and I'd still have it if I didn't trade it for an AR upper, but I'd agree with Sainte, if the ATI costs $600 or more, I'd either build one or buy a better brand.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If this ATI is American Tactical Imports, I have extensive experience with one of their AR15 offerings.

I have 3 years of threatened litigation, complaints filed with the BBB, and numerous communications with ATI customer service.

I purchased an AR15 upper imported by ATI. This upper was chambered in .410. It was a piece of crap right out of the box.
    It made two trips back to ATI repair shop and each time it came back in worse shape than original.

After all of the above failed attempts at satisfaction I gave up trying.

I finally ended up paying a friend who is a gunsmith to fluff-n-buff the bolt face and he got it running.

I'll never be able to completely trust it to run as advertised.
    I know I can get 2-3 rounds out without problems, but I'm damned glad I don't need it for self defense.

My opinion?
    RUN AWAY FROM AMERICAN TACTICAL IMPORTS!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have not heard many good things about ATI. Cheap, over-priced parts that usually break or come apart on users not too mention very poor customer service.

Absolutely the WORST customer service I've ever dealt with, in the firearms industry, or ANYWHERE else!

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I talked to my brother a few mins ago. He had an ATI stock on an 870 that came apart on him and busted his cheek up pretty good.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have a GSG 1911 and I had to call ATI because the ambi thumb safety broke and they were pleasant to deal with. I had an ATI commander sized 1911 but didnt shoot it enough to make a judgement on it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I talked to my brother a few mins ago. He had an ATI stock on an 870 that came apart on him and busted his cheek up pretty good.

Ati (American tactical imports) the firearms company is different that ati (advanced tactical industries) the company that makes stocks for shotguns and rifles

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom