• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Send them an email stating it is ready for return shipment, just awaiting a prepaid return label from them. If not picked up in a reasonable amount of time you will have to charge them storage.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Here's the problem.....They may not accept the return shippment and it'll just end up right back at your house if there's no RMA. Best to hold onto it until they give you the OK to send it back.

I wouldn't waste my money.

I will eat the shipping cost and send it back whether they want me to or not. When I sent it back the first time for fitment issues I had to cover shipping to them. Which is fine a lot of companies don't cover shipping both ways. Vortex doesn't, Tangodown doesnt. But those two companies have excellent customer service.

I have my desired outcome via my CC company. I'll give them there stuff back

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I currently believe that the part should not be returned, at least not for the time being.

IF this were to ever go to court, I would want to be on the ground in front of a judge, "Your honor, I wanted to return the item but they refused. They communicated so in this email I brought. I have the part with me and would LOVE to give it to them right now if you order me to do so."

I will also go back to my Business Law class and say that there are a LOT of legal protections of different parties in what they and/or you cannot legally get away with that are covered by the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)! Most small and even medium sized business companies may not be aware of all of these regulations. Taking that class taught me the true meaning of how ignorant I am on many topics. I will try to review these and see if there is anything that may pertain to this issue. People would be amazed at what is covered under the UCC that they have NO IDEA of as most folks never have the need. This is why lawyers are paid the big bucks and are so invaluable with their education on such matters.

Regards,

Doug

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    Make them pay shipping as mentioned above. When they prepay they give consent and are accepting the terms. If you pay and ship it back you are still in flux. You will have no proof that they agreed to take it back. And you will have no proof they built a sub par part as you shipped it back and they will certainly "lose" the part in question. No business is going to go to court for $450.00. They will spend more than that on their attorney. Wait them out...

Top Bottom