• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I wish you luck with it and I'm in your corner with respect to hoping the outcome is in your favor...
    But E-petitions really aren't as helpful as people think. Signatures can't be verified and they rarely reach the intended party anyway. Instead of spending your time and energy circulating a piece of cyber paper, why not contact the representatives listed at the top of that page and voice your vote-opinion about them introducing the bill to congress in the first place. Hard copy letters from you/family/friends rolling in each day and phones ringing off the hook are harder to ignore than being able to click "delete" once on a keyboard and be done with it.
    Even though E-signing feels very justified, it's fleeting.
    Maybe it's just me, because I'm not a big "petitioner"...but I honestly believe in order to make a real difference, you have to take more than cyber measures.
    Take Fletch's advice about the IJ, too. :yesway:
    Good luck to you.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I wish you luck with it and I'm in your corner with respect to hoping the outcome is in your favor...
    But E-petitions really aren't as helpful as people think. Signatures can't be verified and they rarely reach the intended party anyway. Instead of spending your time and energy circulating a piece of cyber paper, why not contact the representatives listed at the top of that page and voice your vote-opinion about them introducing the bill to congress in the first place. Hard copy letters from you/family/friends rolling in each day and phones ringing off the hook are harder to ignore than being able to click "delete" once on a keyboard and be done with it.
    Even though E-signing feels very justified, it's fleeting.
    Maybe it's just me, because I'm not a big "petitioner"...but I honestly believe in order to make a real difference, you have to take more than cyber measures.
    Take Fletch's advice about the IJ, too. :yesway:
    Good luck to you.

done that, the e petition is more of a "cant hurt" plan

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    signed im so glad our government is working together to make this country a better place by focusing their attention on important issues

Last edited:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Signed if you post up the party that has created this bill, Im sure we will melt the phone lines down at their office.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Signed. I hope it helps. Doubtful, but every little bit can't hurt! :)

It's sickening to see our government try **** like this.

Top Bottom