• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have owned this holster for a Browning Hi Power. Personally I was not happy with how the weight of the gun was supported by the single clip. Granted the Glock is lighter then a Hi Power. Second the straight drop was not comfortable for me. You basically have to carry at 3 oclock to keep the grip from printing in the rear. Third the retention was not that good. A holster should allow you to run, jump, and roll around.

I am a big fan of the Don Hume products and own a holster from the product line for all of personal handguns. I really love their OWB pancake holsters. Unfortunately the style you shared did not work for me. It may be fine for you.

I encourage you to take a look at the Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan. I carry a Glock 23 in one and after it is broke in is very comfortable. Yes it costs more, but at $65 it will not break the bank. Also, take my advice and invest in a good gun belt. Double thick and 1.5" wide works great.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I tried this one once when I first started carrying (G19). I didn't like it then, and looking back now I realize how poorly it was designed.

First, it was VERY bulky. Glocks are thick anyway, and that holster has double-thick leather around the mouth around a piece of metal to aid in keeping the mouth open for reholstering. Sure it works to keep it open, but at the cost of making it 2x wide.

Second, the single clip on the front of the holster is a poor design. Not only does it increase the overall thickness of the holster, but it allows the gun to shift back and forth during movement. Also, because it is a clip, there exists the possibility of drawing the holster out with the gun, especially when you're doing it fast under stress.

And finally, it was the most uncomfortable leather holster I've ever tried.

My suggestion would be, for an IWB holster, to find something with two mounting points, preferably further out from the holster body. After collecting a box of unused holsters, I've had success with the MTAC from Comp-Tac.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Not Good

I tried this style w/ an XD 4". Drawing from the holster was not smooth. Reholstering was difficult, as the Trigger Guard on the gun kept catching on the leather. The holster was not formed well, IMO. Just Cheap. If your EDC is heavy, try an MTAC, Kholster,or Crossbreed (which is my choice).

Think of it this way, $30 to hold up $X00.00 worth of hardware, it has to perform!

You get what you pay for. Just my opinion

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I have one for my g19 and its not the greatest holster, but they will do the job. Drawing the holster is nice and smooth but re-holstering can be some what hindering. The trigger guard does get caught on the leather. The holster is nice for easy on easy off operations with out having to mess with your belt or pants. This is one of the reasons I went with it, it does flex and rotate through out the day so it makes it a little more comfortable because of it not being so stiff. With that being said the flexing and rotating will have to be readjusted when you get in and out of a vehicle. The straight up and down of the holster is not to bad but would have been better if it had a slight cant to it, I can see where it would be a problem with a weapon that has a hammer. I say for the money and if you have a good gun belt it will work well enough to get the job done.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I tried this style w/ an XD 4". Drawing from the holster was not smooth. Reholstering was difficult, as the Trigger Guard on the gun kept catching on the leather. The holster was not formed well, IMO. Just Cheap. If your EDC is heavy, try an MTAC, Kholster,or Crossbreed (which is my choice).

Think of it this way, $30 to hold up .00 worth of hardware, it has to perform!

You get what you pay for. Just my opinion

I'd add the Galco King Tuk to that list. From what I see, its Galco's version or copy of the Crossbreed. And while I may opt for the Crossbreed in the future (when I see one in the blem thread for a model I own), the Galco was available for me to check out in a gun shop before purchase and was a good bit less expensive than the Crossbreed. I just got it about a week ago, and am carrying a Glock 27 in it very comfortably.

Top Bottom