• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Need first hand opinions on the sw9ve.. The gun feels very good in my hand but I would like to know opinions from some people that own or have owned this gun. Is it worth the money to buy one from 309?

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    sigma

in my humble opinion you would be better off to save up a little extra money and purchase a Springfield XD, Taurus 24/7, or a Glock. I have owned a sigma and was not at all impressed. Hope this info helps.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    HATED the trigger on my 40. As stated, you're better off spending a little more on a much better gun like a Glock or an XD.

simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    :yesway: Great value for the money. I carry mine everyday, its reliable and have had zero problems with it. The trigger is not as bad as people say just takes shooting to get used to it. The biggest problem with it is all the gun snobs thumb their nose at you because you spend less money than they did for just as good a gun.:D

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    Trigger is horrid, other than that, not a bad gun. Sent about 500 rounds through it one weekend without issue.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The SW40VE and SW9VE are a fantastic value. The triggers are intentionally made to be a heavy 12-pound pull. Most do not know that this was done to the Sigmas as a result of the Glock lawsuit settlement. S&W agreed to make some changes to the Sigma and one of those changes was to make the trigger less Glock-like.

The good news is that even though S&W cannot ship them from the factory with a light trigger, they will lighten the trigger for free if you call up the S&W customer service department. They will issue a shipping call tag, pay 2-way shipping and fix it at no charge to the customer. What a deal!

Have fun with your Sigma.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Our cheap department used to issue 1st generation Sigmas, they are slowly buying Glocks. I purchased my own HK, then a Glock, due to having three failures with the Sigma pistol. I am now going to sell my Glock to a family member and go back to their junk pistol. I plan on telling them to bring five to ten down to our next range, hopefully I can find one that works. I figure if I am in a shootout and the gun doesn't work, that is a good enough reason to get out of dodge. I likely won't be making very many traffic stops as long as I am carrying the Sigma. The 1st Gen Sigmas are hit or miss. We have people who have been carrying them for years with no issues. Some have been carrying them and have had issues every five or six years. We don't shoot enough for them to have the problem they have. Hopefully by the time range comes around, they will have enough Glocks to give me one.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Wanted to add that the Sigmas I had, when they were working, were all decent shooters. I had no problems qualifying or hitting the target.

Top Bottom