• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What's your wife's level of proficiency with pistols? Is she an experienced shooter? Has she given any input into what she wants or how she plans to carry?

If not, getting the smallest and lightest pistol generally isn't a great idea, especially if you ever want her to train with it.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    What's your wife's level of proficiency with pistols? Is she an experienced shooter? Has she given any input into what she wants or how she plans to carry?

If not, getting the smallest and lightest pistol generally isn't a great idea, especially if you ever want her to train with it.

She's a very good shooter. She just wants a lighter weight carry gun. She has shot my son's Browning 1911 .380 Black Label and was fine with the .380 as in accuracy etc., but didn't like the safety grip on his 1911. She'll train a lot. We have some ranges built where we live so all will be good.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    She's a very good shooter. She just wants a lighter weight carry gun. She has shot my son's Browning 1911 .380 Black Label and was fine with the .380 as in accuracy etc., but didn't like the safety grip on his 1911. She'll train a lot. We have some ranges built where we live so all will be good.

:yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wanted a Mustang. My gun pusher told me a P238 was what I wanted... so at this point I haven’t gotten either, but I think I still want the Mustang...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I know three people who have the Kimber Micro 380. I've even shot one. Very nice little pistols. All three love theirs. The ones my friends have all have factory installed laser.

dan45

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    brownsburg
    i know it's not one you asked about, but you might look into the S&W M&P bodyguard. it's really light and small plus it has a manual safety like your wife is looking for.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have shot the Colt Mustang DOA and like it a lot. It is easy to shot and you can hit good in minute of man at 30 feet. 500 rounds through the gun and everything worked fine. If it came in a .32ACP I would carry it not my 1903 Hammerless. Had a Sig 238 didn't like it, got a Sig 938 fills about the same but is in 9mm so don't carry it. Looking at different guns in .327 Fed Mag, some are light.

Top Bottom