Need recommendations for a two man ladder stand.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Looking for some first hand recommendations for a safe, comfortable buddy stand. For the past few years, my youngest daughter and I have been using ground blinds with decent success. But being more of a bow hunter, it's been a pain with us both crammed in the blind. I've looked around locally, but can't seem to find much in our local stores that I think I would like.

Here is what I'm looking for...

At least 17' tall
    Full platform (not just a foot rail)
    Flip back shooting rail
    Sling style or generously padded seat than flips up
    Backrest
    Price- Hopefully under $300, but may go as high as $400

Anyone have any first hand experience with something meeting the above criteria? Thanks

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    sold-08-07-30-042285a.jpg

Used...probably some good deals

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Looking for some first hand recommendations for a safe, comfortable buddy stand. For the past few years, my youngest daughter and I have been using ground blinds with decent success. But being more of a bow hunter, it's been a pain with us both crammed in the blind. I've looked around locally, but can't seem to find much in our local stores that I think I would like.

Here is what I'm looking for...

At least 17' tall
    Full platform (not just a foot rail)
    Flip back shooting rail
    Sling style or generously padded seat than flips up
    Backrest
    Price- Hopefully under $300, but may go as high as $400

Anyone have any first hand experience with something meeting the above criteria? Thanks

I just recieved a limited page Cabela's ad in the mail. They have a two man stand on sale for $99.99 (plus shipping). It didn't specify the heigth - but most stands are at least 15' or more tall. I already pitched the ad in the trash can or I would give you the product number.

Good luck with your search.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I puchased a Big Dogg stand a few years ago from menards.
    Very large plateform , padded seat , flip up shooting rail and all.
    Best ladder stand I have owned. I haven't seen them anywhere for a year or so , i also bought them as Rual King. It has double floor size

try the Big Dog site , look up the BDL-481 OR BDL-491 , BOTHER ARE 17.5 TALL AND LESS THAN $175 , they also have the BDL-714 COMFORTMAX , IT IS 22 FT TALL it runs $209

It is very large and is heavy , you will need 2 or 3 folks to set it up , unless you have one of those setting aids they sale.

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Have never seen a 2 man that the seat flips up ???? There are some nice onesout there but that may be hard to find... But +1 to menards they had a few to choose from.. But rural king will too and eaither one would be a better deal then cabelas I would guess ??? I may be wrong tho... Shop around you got 16 days from now ...lol

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I ended up purchasing a Big Game Venture from Menards. I settled on a few things, like no flip up seat and a 55"x12" foot platform, but saved enough money that I bought a new hang on (big game boss xl) and a new super slumper seat for my climber.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I bought a Big Game to use at another guys property, and when I bought my property I decided to go with a Summit, I will never use anything other than a Summit now.

Top Bottom