• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Hey guys...I had some work done on my slide. I reassembled it but when I put it back on the frame it doesn't seem to be engaging correctly. See image below. At this point the only way to take it apart is to remove the cover plate and firing pin unit then you can take the slide off. Never had an issue with any of my glocks before so hoping something simple.

Ideas?

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Your photo shows the Glock trigger in the forward, ready to fire position. Glock pistols will not reassemble with the trigger forward or "cocked". With the gun disassembled, be sure the Glock trigger is rearward or in the "fired" position before reassembly. To uncock the trigger: With the gun disassembled, pull the trigger slightly forward, depress the trigger safety, and slowly allow the trigger to return to the fired position. The trigger should return to fired position from spring pressure.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Your photo shows the Glock trigger in the forward, ready to fire position. Glock pistols will not reassemble with the trigger forward or "cocked". With the gun disassembled, be sure the Glock trigger is rearward or in the "fired" position before reassembly. To uncock the trigger: With the gun disassembled, pull the trigger slightly forward, depress the trigger safety, and slowly allow the trigger to return to the fired position. The trigger should return to fired position from spring pressure.

Thanks...Yeah the trigger resets when you reattached the slide. The problem seems to be that is won't slide all the way back (such as you cannot slide it far enough rearward to engage the slide lock. When you let go the slide returns to rest as noted in the picture. I am thinking it has to do with the firing pin safety (though the fps spring doesn't look damaged) or cruciform not resetting correctly but I don't have enough experience to know for sure so was hoping a Glock expert might chime in on ideas.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Parabellum in sponsoring free Glock inspections tomorrow (7-4) from 9-12.. If you want to drop by I'll take a look at it for you. Hard to figure out what is going on just looking at a pic. Check Facebook or the website for details on the 4th celebration.

Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    OK problem solved. Took it to a Glock Armorer (who tried all of your great suggestions above) it stumped him for about 10 mins then finally we figured it was cerekote build-up where the barrel meets the frame so the barrel wasn't seating (going into battery) correctly. He estimated is was .1/1000th" but enough to cause it to bind. Some pressure on the barrel seated it and it then locked back correctly. He said he had seen plenty of cerekoted slides and never seen them bind like this he said my Glock just seems to have really tight tolerances. He said go shoot it a few 100 times and it will quickly wear that spot and solve the problem. Took it to range behind his store and it ran flawlessly. Thanks everyone for the help!!

Top Bottom