• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Here's a screed against CCW holders, in that we are all going to kill everyone, including ourselves since having a gun is too dangerous and really doesn't help anyway.

I posted several times over the past few days with point by point answers and I guess the author got tired of being made to look foolish (I was polite) since he took down all my posts.

Could you all visit him and give reason to the readers why he is wrong. Perhaps if enough do so he will keep some on. I did not try to persuade him that he was wrong, since I consider him to basically be unpersuadable. I was writing to the readership to give them reason to understand how wrong he is in his article.

Debunking the Myth that Safety is Guaranteed when Carrying a Firearm or Concealed Weapon

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Here's a screed against CCW holders, in that we are all going to kill everyone, including ourselves since having a gun is too dangerous and really doesn't help anyway.

I posted several times over the past few days with point by point answers and I guess the author got tired of being made to look foolish (I was polite) since he took down all my posts.

Could you all visit him and give reason to the readers why he is wrong. Perhaps if enough do so he will keep some on. I did not try to persuade him that he was wrong, since I consider him to basically be unpersuadable. I was writing to the readership to give them reason to understand how wrong he is in his article.

Debunking the Myth that Safety is Guaranteed when Carrying a Firearm or Concealed Weapon

I can think of a few cities to take him to late at night that would change his mind.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Carrying a weapon is not a guarantee of safety. Most times it will improve a person's odds to survive a dangerous encounter, but not always. This article does not seem to really state much past that. The summery of the article seems to bear this out.
    Yes yes I know, you would rather have the firearm and not need it then to need it and not have it....and I agree.
    Again, this hub was primarily written to challenge the cocky, belief of invincibility and of guaranteed safety that so many gun owners possess.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I guess I'm not that confrontational. I won't waste my breath debating with an anti-gunner, anti-hunter, or the anti-Christ.:)

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Posted....hope it doesn't get deleted........If he does then;

"After finishing this post I am left trying to determine how I could be made to agree with the writer. In an effort to put myself in their shoes and view the topic through his or her lens I am forced to generalize all gun owners. I would agree with all that is written if I knew, for a fact, that all Concealed Carrying gun owners are unsafe, untrained, unprepared mentally and physically, and unable to follow the fundamental rules of gun safety. Finger off the trigger is one of those age old rule number one reminders that every gun owner should live by. I feel that this post is designed to frame all Concealed carry owners as unable to control the urge to pop off rounds as soon as a grip is made on the pistol. I also don't agree with the mantra that if your gun is not on you 24/7 100% of the time then whats the point. The point is, most feel secure in their homes, for good reason, and less so on the streets / out and about. This post would be much more agreeable to me if the writer would distinguish that a minority does not label the majority. There are individuals that use bad judgement, are not prepared, and do not follow the fundamental rules of firearms safety. This may be, but due to the fact that it is the minority, the majority should not be labeled as unsafe suicide prone killers. This is similar to banning all personal vehicles because a few drunk drivers made some bad choices behind the wheel and hurt or killed innocent people. The fact that I Conceal a handgun on my person every day does not provide me with an Omnipotent feeling of invincibility. It does the opposite, by providing me a humbling responsibility as a private citizen exercising his Constitutional Rights."

Last edited:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    He is from Ohio(restrictive ccw), has worked for three different state agencies after graduating with a BS in sociology/anthropology, has lived in the pacific northwest since the early 90's(Oregon and Washington).

I hope if he or his family is ever in trouble, there is someone around that can/does help him/them.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I volunteer to run the stopwatch while he waits for something to come from 911. Whether or not he survives, at least we'll know.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Carrying a weapon is not a guarantee of safety. Most times it will improve a person's odds to survive a dangerous encounter, but not always. This article does not seem to really state much past that. The summery of the article seems to bear this out.

I think you need a closer read to the article.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I don't waste any time trying to have a rational debate with idiots.:twocents:

At the risk of appearing vain by quoting myself, " I did not try to persuade him that he was wrong, since I consider him to basically be unpersuadable. I was writing to the readership to give them reason to understand how wrong he is in his article."

Perhaps I should have pointed out that articles like his get a lot of readers who are on the fence on the issues of guns. If you want his to be the only voice they read on the subject, so be it.

I personally would like them to have an alternate, more honest voice.

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Got to love it when they can put their opinion out their but don't want to listen to or leave your opinion. Just shows how close minded they are.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Can you buy automatic firearms in Ohio gun stores? Never knew that. Anyway, I avoid folks like this and would not even try to have a discourse with them.

Top Bottom