Need some help...is USPSA the right direction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Another thought about USPSA....
    It has less equipment, and fewer "rules" than some of the other sports. That would make it easier and less "intimidating" to get started.
    I am VERY new still and I can say that I was comfortable right from the start.
    Make sure you tell them that you are new...they will know to spend extra time with you.

Safety, safety, safety........ finger out of the trigger guard on reloads, watch the 180 degree mark, and if you have a malfunction keep your finger out of the trigger. Ask the RO for help if you need. And keep the muzzle down range no matter what!

just watching a few people do it will show you that it isn't rocket-surgery and very easy to get the hang of.

Now get out there and shoot!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    If you are not comfortable then just go watch a match. Introduce yourself to the range master and he will assist you. Just do it you will be fine.

I agree with FUZZ, if you go an watch each discipline, it will help you to understand what you are getting into and what is expected of each shooter.
    I did that when I started in competition and it was a great way to meet people and to be much more comfortable at my first match. Keep in mind that every shooter was new at one time. They will help you in any way they can to make you comfortable and answer any questions that you may have. Shooters are a great bunch of people and we always welcome new shooters to the sport.
    Looking forward to seeing you at some of the matches.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom