• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I found some reloading equipment for sale. The are asking a $1000 for it. Trying to decide if it is a good deal. Here is a list. I'll get some pics up in a minute. I have to make a quick decision here.

1. Bench + 4’ Florescent light

2. Dillon 550RLB Press

3. 4-Dillon Precision 22059 550 Deluxe Quick Change Assembly Powder Measure Toolhead

4. 3- Toolhead stands

5. Case trimmer

6. Powder scale

7. C&H HD single press

8. Dies for: 38/357 mag, 10mm/40 cal auto, 44/44 mag, 9mm auto,
    30-06, 32 Win Spcl, 45-70. Lee/RCBS/Dillon

9. Small & large primers

10. Powder

11. Vibrating Brass Polisher and media Dillon cv 500

12. Brass tumbler

13. Lots of brass

14. Bullets: 2500 Hornady 38 Cal 148 gr HBWC – competition
    500 44cCal 180 gr Wadcutters – competition

15. Miscellaneous Tools

10943061_10204131594783328_5746183110140319393_n.jpg

10931242_10204131596023359_4080598571683377826_n.jpg

10409618_10204131595663350_2092699278629957209_n.jpg

524221_10204131594583323_1106793903757085484_n.jpg

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Pretty good buy in my book. Especially if the powder pictured comes with it. I break it down like this used values:

Primers $150
    Dies $250
    Bench and light $75
    Vibrator $50
    projectiles $200
    Single stage press $50
    Dillon and attachments I cant quote since I don't know the value but given the rest of my prices, I'd buy it quick. You cant even get lee equipment for $225 which makes up the rest of the $1000. BUY IT

Edit: Toolheads $75
    550b $400 and that's probably conservative.

You can sell off what you don't want or need pretty easily and get some $ back too.

Buying a big lot like this is exactly how I got started.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Well it didn't happen. I called the guy to clarify a few things as far as brand and age. He got a huge attitude with me so I wished him a good day. To bad. I probably would have paid the money he was asking even though I only wanted for myself less than half the stuff he was selling.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Well it didn't happen. I called the guy to clarify a few things as far as brand and age. He got a huge attitude with me so I wished him a good day. To bad. I probably would have paid the money he was asking even though I only wanted for myself less than half the stuff he was selling.

Bummer.....but don't let his chitty attitude stop a sale if you want it. Its priced to move quick, he knows it, so he probably didn't want to answer too many questions. One of those, either come look and bring cash if you want it, or don't bother me at all kinda things. Call him back, ask when you can come by. I bet he changes his attitude then because he knows your not just kicking tires. Take $900 in 1 pocket, and $100 in the other. Offer $900. If he says no, get your other $100 out, pay him, and leave.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Not a chance. His level of rudeness isn't worth it to me. I wanted some answers on a few things before I drove two hours one way to spend a thousand bucks. He even got crappy with me when I asked for his name. It is to bad, it does seem like a great deal even if I only want a few of things in the package. I was going to sell the rest. I'm sure someone else will jump on this pretty quick.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Not a chance. His level of rudeness isn't worth it to me. I wanted some answers on a few things before I drove two hours one way to spend a thousand bucks. He even got crappy with me when I asked for his name. It is to bad, it does seem like a great deal even if I only want a few of things in the package. I was going to sell the rest. I'm sure someone else will jump on this pretty quick.

2 hour drive....yep, that kinda limits how much I will deal with a douche. If he's that much of an azzhat, I bet it'll be for sale for a while. Maybe even with a price drop. Better luck next time.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Grab it.
    It's a good price, plus think of the convenience factor of getting all that stuff in 1 purchase.
    Heck, it can take a long time to acquire all that stuff.
    Any of the stuff you don't want should be easy to sell again.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Get your money and go get that stuff! You will make your money back on the stuff you don't want and then some.

Deal with the guy on his terms and drive away with a big fat smile. You will be the one ahead at the end of the day.

Age or brand does not matter. Anything gun related sells fast and at big dollars.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    It started with me asking his name. I introduced myself and asked who I was speaking to. He response was (insert snotty tone) "the owner of this stuff." I got his name and then said I had some questions about Brand, age and condition of a few of the items. The first question I asked was about the brand and age of the case trimmer. He started cursing at me and said he didn't know and what does it matter they never wear out. He then went off about he wasn't gonna go through all this stuff and that I just needed to go there and look at it. If I didn't think it was worth what he was asking I had another thing coming. etc etc. I ended up interrupting his tirade long enough to wish him a good day and that was the end of it.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It started with me asking his name. I introduced myself and asked who I was speaking to. He response was (insert snotty tone) "the owner of this stuff." I got his name and then said I had some questions about Brand, age and condition of a few of the items. The first question I asked was about the brand and age of the case trimmer. He started cursing at me and said he didn't know and what does it matter they never wear out. He then went off about he wasn't gonna go through all this stuff and that I just needed to go there and look at it. If I didn't think it was worth what he was asking I had another thing coming. etc etc. I ended up interrupting his tirade long enough to wish him a good day and that was the end of it.

No disrespect, but have you looked at it from his perspective?

Maybe this guy loves reloading but his wife is divorcing him and he's forced to sell all of his guns and reloading equipment in the process? Maybe he's terminally ill and knows he'll never be able to use it again? Maybe his health is just fine, but it makes him sick to have to sell this stuff that took him months to buy? Maybe he bought it all only to find out he doesn't have the temperament for reloading?

The thing is, what do YOU care what his attitude is? He's offering up a VERY good deal, then here you go, asking a bunch of questions when just about everything you need to know is in the pictures. You really ought to knock that chip off your shoulder and grab this deal before someone else does...because you can bet your a$$ someone else will!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No disrespect, but have you looked at it from his perspective?

Maybe this guy loves reloading but his wife is divorcing him and he's forced to sell all of his guns and reloading equipment in the process? Maybe he's terminally ill and knows he'll never be able to use it again? Maybe his health is just fine, but it makes him sick to have to sell this stuff that took him months to buy? Maybe he bought it all only to find out he doesn't have the temperament for reloading?

The thing is, what do YOU care what his attitude is? He's offering up a VERY good deal, then here you go, asking a bunch of questions when just about everything you need to know is in the pictures. You really ought to knock that chip off your shoulder and grab this deal before someone else does...because you can bet your a$$ someone else will!

Well said.

OP, call the guy for a time, take cash, load up. Smile all the way home. Enjoy.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been buying and selling guns and accessories for years. I have dealt with guys like that. They usually feel that they are just about giving the stuff away, and shouldn't be bothered with questions. I don't agree with conducting business that way, but if I know I'm getting a killer deal, I just pay them and go on my way.
    If something is broken or not right, keep in mind you just got a killer deal, and you will still make money on it even after keeping what you want.

I would not let the 2 hour drive or the attitude get in the way of a great deal. Sometimes these guys also realize how they came off, and may even apologize after you pay them.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I've been buying and selling guns and accessories for years. I have dealt with guys like that. They usually feel that they are just about giving the stuff away, and shouldn't be bothered with questions. I don't agree with conducting business that way, but if I know I'm getting a killer deal, I just pay them and go on my way.
    If something is broken or not right, keep in mind you just got a killer deal, and you will still make money on it even after keeping what you want.

I would not let the 2 hour drive or the attitude get in the way of a great deal. Sometimes these guys also realize how they came off, and may even appologize after you pay them.

Yep. Well said.

Unfortunately, when there is savings like this to be had, you just deal with the **** that comes along with it and know that you are saving ALOT of money. Sometimes its hard to do, but so is earning and then pissing away hundreds of extra dollars.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I wish I had stumbled onto a deal like that when I was in the market. I'd have ran to the bank and been on the road before he hung up the phone.;)

Top Bottom