• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    So we just got service with DirecTV a month ago, and Friday, we got an error message that says the SWM is not being found. I called, and they cant send a tech out until NEXT SATURDAY. Im not real happy about the matter, that its 10 days from point of problem to get a technician, that from every test the guy had me do, Im guessing the little box is just bad.

Does anyone know a tech around area code 46978 that could help me out here? Whether it be doing the service call sooner, or just dropping off a part and having me swap it. Any and all help is appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    our direct TV has an extra device between the dish & the DVR box, it has its own power plug in.. make sure that has power.. then go to settings & check the satellite signal strength..

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Double checked all coax connections? Little box that all the wires run into plugged in? One receiver or all receivers? Tried receiver reset?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Call customer service and ask to speak with 'retention'. When you get that person on the phone let them know that you are a new customer and explain the problem to them. Tell that person that you're very disappointed with how they've handled your problem. Let them know that the solution proposed is unacceptable, and that if the problem cannot be taken care much sooner you will cancel regardless of any agreement. Let them also know that the BBB will be contacted and a complaint filed depending upon your satisfaction of how they resolve this problem. This should expedite the solution and also get you some type of compensation in the form of a discount/free services/extra channels. This has helped resolve unacceptable service issues we've had in the past.

Keep an eye out for 'billing creep' too. In the past five years we've caught them at this at least three times. Small amounts, usually around ten bucks, but they will try it. BTW, hope you aren't a fan of The Weather Channel. It's not likely coming back to the DTV lineup.

At the end of this month we are firing them and going with Dish.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    When we had a 775 error it was a break in the cable splice. I did get same day service thru the local dealer that I signed with. They promised Excellent service if we signed with them, so far so good. :yesway:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    4sarge.. I went through the cables today and found a damaged one.. waiting for a buddy to get home to get a long cable to try that.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    4sarge.. I went through the cables today and found a damaged one.. waiting for a buddy to get home to get a long cable to try that.

Great, I hope that's it :yesway: Since the Cable guy fixed it, he was equipped to splice in a longer piece. No problems since ;)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    All of the wires used are 6 years old at least (from the first time I had Directv, whioch was like in 06).. They are extremely weathered, the outer casisngs cracking and falling off, and the braided outer wire exposed. I cleared the casing off on either side of the affected area, and attached a wire to act like a bandaid moretheless.... It worked. So after a rather unpleasent phone call to Directv and a complaint on the installer about not doing his job (including leaving wires very loosely hanging from the dish on top of my house all the way down).. I intend to call every day until they get very sick of hearing my voice and come out and not only fix everything I have a problem with on the install, but make some sort of peace offering to me. This ongoing project has made me rather irritated. I explained to them that since this is going to be a project that will likely include going into the crawl space, that I WILL be home for this. They told me it was going to be 11 days until they could get to me, as they refuse to work past 4 pm... UNACCEPTABLE.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    This is why I have always been reluctant to let Directv techs work in my house. I have always done my own work, and I have been with them since 1994. I did have one in the house for the first time ever 2 weeks ago to replace some outdated equipment at no charge. I was pleasantly surprised as he actually knew what he was doing. Seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I figured there would be a thread on here lol. I'm having the 775 error issue as well. Our service was working fine until the other day when I installed a new TV, now i'm getting error codes, all connections seem good. I can still view our recorded shows but can't get onto regular TV, anybody had this happen?

Top Bottom