• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So as the title says, I need some help. My girlfriend and my anniversary is coming up. I need some ideas on where to take her to dinner. She likes all kinds of food and is willing to try anything. I'm a picky eater, but want her to be happy with the choice as long as it isn't seafood, I'll settle. I want a nice restaurant, Olive Garden is not a nice restaurant it's casual dining, and I want to spend max of $100. Eagle's Nest is closed, so no go. Either Indianapolis or surronding area. Best idea gets a +1 on rep and possibly, depending on the experience, a "finder's fee" too.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The Melting Pot! It's Fondue but it's fun to do! :D We really enjoy ourselves when we go. It's usually quiet and you can get gift certificates from Restaurant.com too that can help offset the cost.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I would recommend Palomino downtown. Unless their prices have gone up since last year, it can be had for under a 100 with tip and we even had a glass of wine with the meal IIRC.

Since you are picky, I put in a little effort and found the link to their online evening menu for Indianapolis. Hope you find something that sounds good. I enjoyed it immensely.

Menu Page

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Geez

Olive Garden is casual dining! Are you saying you want bar-b-que sauce on your tie or you're just dead set on spending a bunch of money? Mark Pi's. Then go around the corner to the Oaken Barrel and use the tie to wipe the beer foam out of your mustache.

McDonalds and a strip joint ain't a bad idea but if you want to step up a notch go to Jonathan Byrd's before the strip joint.

Happy Anniversary!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Nothing wrong with a nice evening out, but many women are more impressed by the effort you put in to it than the amount of money you spend. A well prepared meal at home that you actually make yourself, a modest but thoughtful gift, and some flowers can be surprisingly effective if executed properly.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Nothing wrong with a nice evening out, but many women are more impressed by the effort you put in to it than the amount of money you spend. A well prepared meal at home that you actually make yourself, a modest but thoughtful gift, and some flowers can be surprisingly effective if executed properly.

SuprTek Speaks The Truth!

My wife (we have been together for 10 years, married for almost 4) is more impressed with us staying home, and me doing a some steak on the grill (dont buy a cheap steak either), and doing up all the fixin's.. than us going to oh St. Elmo's for example. Dont get me wrong, its easier, and their food is a little better (not by much though)... But something I put my own effort into means more to her. Also frees up more money for a gift.

-MColford

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'll second the Capital Grille, although I'd budget more like $150 with tip.

If you are considering FRESH seafood, Oceanaire is a great place for special occasions. If you let them know ahead of time, they will provide special personalized menus, along with some other little touches to makefor a memorable dinner out. $100 should take care of dinner and tip.

Bon appetit!

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Bonefish Grille in Castleton.... everything is al a carte.....
    Maggiano's in Castleton....
    Mama Corolla's in Broad Ripple..... Very small private setting for a more romantic evening
    Casual Dining on the high end I would say Ruby Tuesday's...... Food is AMAZING...... It is rare that everyone I go with LOVES what they ordered..... I took my wife and daughter there for lunch one day and everyone's plate was clean.... Granted I dropped $50 on lunch but oh well...... Was definitely worth every cent

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

QFT, but don't make her clean up the mess later either.

I must be low maintenance. After 10 years of marriage (well, 9) and two kids, my ideal date is packing the kids off to grandma's and curling up on the couch with some chocolate chip cookies, a diet Coke, and Bradley Cooper as Faceman on the A-Team. mmmmmm Bradley Cooper :drool: OMGosh he is smokin' hot.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My perfect date is going out to dinner, sometimes the place doesn't matter, as long as it's not a smoky crowded bar. Staying at home is nice for some, but my hubby doesn't cook well. I do all the grilling, and i like it that way! I need to get away from home to relax, otherwise, i just stress about things that need done. I love Red Lobster, but i like lots of other restaurants too. I'm not familiar with those around Indy. I like a non-smoky atmosphere, not too crowded or noisy, and just relaxing while dining. A great meal, a beer or two, hubby and me acting silly and giggling like teenagers does me good. Wrong time of year, but i think picnics are romantic, too.

Top Bottom